Position - CNC Production Engineer
Location - Willenhall, West Midlands
Salary - dependent on experience
Days - Monday to Friday 37.5 hours
The Background and Role
An innovative organisation in a specialist defence related industry is looking for a CNC Production Engineer to join their team. The candidate must be a UK national and will need to pass security vetting upon employment.
The successful candidate will be a highly skilled professional, time-served in a CNC Production role to safely and accurately to perform a variety of functions. Working alongside the CNC Planning and Programming Engineer, you must be able to work with great concentration and precision, with a keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude to meet the demands of the customer projects in the timescale agreed.
Primary Job Function;
Use key skills in the development, manufacture, testing and support of the Company's projects and development demands in a quick and efficient manner to ensure our customers' tight timescales are met.
• Proven experience as CNC Production Engineer
• Full understanding of operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools and ability to read project blueprints and drawings
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of metal cutting, turning and milling/drilling.
• Computer literate with an understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM.
• Mechanical aptitude and good math skills, with a keen eye for detail.
• Good communication abilities
• Ability to work as part of a small, specialised team and flexibility with an open attitude.
• Capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management
• Able to work unsupervised and prioritise their own time and activities.
• Experience of HAAS CNC Machines
• Prepare the Operation Sheets as part of the planning to make individual parts from drawings supplied,
• Order the tooling required to make the parts for the forthcoming projects.
• Design the fixtures.
• Order the materials required for the tasks planned.
• Produce and maintain a plan for all the parts that have to be manufactured to ensure they are produced within the timescale allocated.
• Monitor the Setter-Operators to ensure they have all tooling etc and no parts required are running short.
• Liaise with all supervisors, engineers, and CNC machinists to meet customer/workshop needs.
Preferably 5+ years in an engineering/manufacturing environment.
Education/Qualifications Required - Candidate should be Apprenticeship Trained and Ideally qualified to HNC/D in Manufacturing or Mechanical and Production Engineering or to a minimum of ONC/D in Manufacturing or Mechanical and Production Engineering.
Computer programming and CAD/CAM Mechanical aptitude and good math skills preferable.
• Do you have the experience? The company welcome a site visit to ensure you are happy with the role, the environment and the people you will work with!
• If you would like to speak to someone regarding being booking an interview then please contact Daniel Waite on 07799 588461 for more information or send an email to email@example.com
• Immediate starts are available!
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.
We invest in our people and provide excellent rewards and perks. Experience in recruitment is not necessarily a must-have. The right attitude is what matters most. Find out more…
We work closely with all our customers, the police and other organisations to ensure we identify and protect people who may be being exploited and/or trafficked. Find out more…
Staffing & Recruitment solutions across the UK.
Every year we recruit and provide thousands of first-rate, productive workers to over 700 businesses – from SMEs to PLCs – covering a wide variety of positions from manual handling to C-Suite level.
Find out more
Industrial & Warehouse
For all your Warehouse & Factory roles including: Warehouse Operatives, Pickers & Packers, Assembly Operatives, General Labour, FLT drivers etc…
Driving & Logistics
For all your Driving roles including: Class 1, Class 2, 7.5 tonne, van drivers, delivery drivers etc…
Manufacturing & Engineering
For all your Manufacturing roles including: Welders, Press Brake Operators, Paint Sprayers, Mechanical Assemblers, CNC Operators etc…
For Food Manufacturing roles including: Production Operatives, Food Packers, Filling Operatives, Machine Operators, Quality Supervisors etc…
For Professional roles inc: Accounts & Finance, Call Centre, Customer Service, Legal, HR, Manufacturing, Engineers, Quality, Sales, Supply Chain etc…
Fill and flex your workforce almost instantly with daily demand…
Combine Flexible Temp Staffing with a dedicated WF account team onsite…
Recruit perm staff at a flat-fee per-hire, with staged payments for reduced risk…
Hiring power to make your recruiting easier, quicker and cost (much!) less…
Search, Retained and Contingent recruitment for first-class hires at all levels…
Can-do workforce solutions. For whatever happens.
Our mission is to deliver real, demonstrable cost savings to employers while ensuring you always have the quantity and quality of staff you need at any one time – from a single individual to hundreds of people.
Find out more
See what other employers say about working with Workforce…
You can expect the highest level of results AND customer service…
Avoid staff downtime by letting us help new starts hit the ground running…
Our online training courses that boost your workforce productivity…
Total workforce management. Zero aggravation.
Fill and flex your shifts in seconds using our unique “Staffing Platform” recruitment tech and “Shftr” our integrated mobile app for workers. Managing every aspect of your workforce has never been so easy.
Find out more
It'll be ready in a jiffy...