Machine Customisation Engineer
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd are the sole UK distributor for the world leading premium brand Komatsu and one of the UK’s largest distributors of construction, quarrying and utility equipment. We are proud of our reputation for ‘best in class’ products, service commitment and continuous innovation and growth. We aim to be our customers first choice with a multi-site UK operation to drive sales and deliver excellent aftercare and customer support. We focus on improving productivity by changing the way our customers work and we excel in fuel efficient machine solutions. We are looking for a passionate, business focused Machine Customisation Engineer to join our successful team.
MACHINE CUSTOMISATION ENGINEER
We are looking for a Machine Customisation Engineer to ensure all customisation work is carried out on all machines as per the instructions on the customisation request form.
Reporting to the Workshop Operations Manager this role is ideal for a strong team player with a good attention to detail.
What is the purpose of the role?
- Assemble machines delivered in kit form
- Complete pre-delivery inspection
- Carry out customisation of new machines to Customer’s specifications
- Body work touch up to Manufacturer’s specifications
- Troubleshoot and fault find any defects on machines resolving issues or escalating where required
- Carry out repairs as and when found, replacing parts where necessary
- Installation and Calibration of Guidance systems to various Komatsu models.
What skills and behaviours are we looking for?
- Knowledge of manual handling and auto-electrics - essential
- Experience with Welding and oxy-acetylene equipment - essential
- Working knowledge of lathes, angle grinders and pillar drills - essential
- The ability to work well with others and remain calm when under pressure
- Good verbal communication
- Ability to work to deadlines
What we can offer you:
Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down
On the job training