CNC Turner (Machining, Heavy Engineering)
Job Title: CNC Turner (Machining, Heavy Engineering)
Hours: 6-2 / 2-10
Pay Rate: £15.70 shift allowance included
We are currently recruiting for a CNC Turner - Siemens for our client based in Stourbridge.
They are one of the oldest family run businesses in the UK, and have supplied forging solutions to industries including - Defence, Marine, Oil and Gas, Power Generation, Gear Forgings, Rail Forgings, Aerospace, Food Processing, Paper Industry, Nuclear Forgings & General Engineering.
- Permanent contract with future progression.
- Established company with rich heritage and long-term contracts
- Competitive rate of pay
- Close supportive team
- Immediate starts available! – Book a site visit today!
What’s the job?
- Must have conventional turning experience, horizontal and / or vertical.
- Experience in turning large shafts (preferable)
- Experience with working within tight tolerances
- Siemens controls experience (preferable)
- Experience within a heavy engineering environment
- Time Served Apprenticeship, with an appropriate craft or technical qualification. (preferable)
- Able to read and interpret technical Engineering drawings
Who can do this?
- Provide a great level of attention to details and focus on the given task
- Have strong standards in quality over quantity.
- Make a positive contribution to maintaining the workplace neat, tidy, healthy and safe
- Be dependable, follow instructions, respond to management direction, take responsibility for own actions and keep commitments
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Turning on large components up to 20m in length to tight tolerances (+/-.05mm) in accordance with technical engineering drawings and specifications
- Use of overhead cab driven cranes. (LOLER Training will be provided)
- Deburring components and ensuring they are fit for transportation.
- Maintaining machinery, swarf removal, routine oiling and greasing etc.
- Carry out daily bookings against route card jobs and timings.
- Adhere to and encourage health and safety methods and procedures.
- Inspection for all components throughout the process.
- Complete flexibility and mobility of labour as necessary.
- Maintain a safe working environment and comply with the Company’s H&S Policy.
- Do you have the experience? The company welcome a site visit to ensure you are happy with the role, the environment and the people you will work with!
- If you would like to speak to someone regarding being booked on a site visit then please contact Daniel Waite on 07799 588461 for more information or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Immediate starts are available!
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.