Sales Manager (Utility) Scotland
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd are the sole UK distributor for the world leading premium brand Komatsu and one of the UK’s largest distributors of construction, quarrying and utility equipment. We are proud of our reputation for ‘best in class’ products, service commitment and continuous innovation and growth.
We aim to be our customers first choice with a multi-site UK operation to drive sales and deliver excellent aftercare and customer support. We focus on improving productivity by changing the way our customers work and we excel in fuel efficient machine solutions.
We are looking for a passionate, business focused Utility Sales Manager to join our successful team.
Utility Sales Manager
We are looking for a Utility Sales Manager to:
- identify opportunities and maximise sales of Utility equipment.
- Build relationships with existing customers and identify and develop relationships with new fleet customers in your sales territory.
- Act as the key liaison between the customer and support services to provide exemplary customer service
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager this role is ideal for someone who has experience in sales, strong negotiation skills and is confident to work independently.
What is the purpose of the role?
- To represent the Komatsu brand and take responsibility for the sale of utility equipment in a given sales territory
- Maximise profit potential on each sale.
- To achieve agreed sales targets as specified.
- To provide all necessary information to the Sales Support department to facilitate order processing and machine delivery
- To carry out new machine demonstrations in line with company procedure
- Accurate and timely completion of all sales related documents i.e., warranty, service contracts etc.
- To utilise and maintain CRM system encompassing call planning, sales opportunities, market intelligence, competitive activity and forecasting
- Attendance and engagement in shows and exhibitions as and when required.
- To maintain close liaison with customers and other departments of MKL to ensure the promotion of exemplary customer service.
What skills and behaviours are we looking for?
- Experience of working in sales
- Able to demonstrate previous sales success
- Microsoft Office experience (Outlook, Excel)
- GSCE’s A-C
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with customers
- Strong communication skills and excellent presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Well organised
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience of working with a CRM system
- Undertaken sales training or can demonstration development of sales skills
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down
- Flexible working
- On the job training
- Company Car
- Death in service benefit