Sheet Metal Supervisor
Role: Sheet Metal Supervisor
Salary: up to £18ph
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00.-4.30pm
First established in 1978, we have been providing ventilation solutions across the country for a vast range of architectural and construction assignments. Our whole ethos is built upon the foundation of being as environmentally conscious as possible, helping to lower emissions and carbon footprint. It is important to us to constantly look at initiative ways to support the construction industry with environmentally friendly solutions, that's why we are the leading supplier of residential natural ventilation. Our core values are expert, attentive, flexible and pioneering and we are looking for a like-minded individual to join our team
This role offers fantastic career development for the right candidate and would suit someone who has a motivation to succeed and isn’t afraid of jumping in headfirst.
We offer 22 days paid holidays plus bank holidays and a competitive salary depending on skills and experience.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced sheet metal fabricator to join our team. Are you an ambitious, confident person who is not afraid of getting stuck in? if so, this is a great opportunity for someone who wants progression and offers a chance to really develop to workshop managerial status. As a sheet metal fabricator, you will be responsible for reading and interpreting engineering blueprints, fabricating metal components or structures, and performing quality checks on finished products. You may also be required to set up fabricating machines and design custom templates.
- General galvanised steel fabrication
- Read from construction issue drawings and prepare cutting lists
- Use of guillotine, brake press and plasma cutting machines
- Participation in design and development
- Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
- Double-checking design specifications before commencing with cutting work.
- Performing quality checks on completed products.
- Conforming with Health and safety regulations.
- Completing job reports.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience essential
- Enthusiastic attitude to work
- Ability to read construction drawings
- Ability to produce cutting lists
- Proactive and takes a ‘can-do’ approach to work
- Excellent organisational skills
- Willingness to work on their own or as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Initiative and determination
- Engineering qualification would be desirable
Workforce Manufacturing are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.