Part time recycling asisstant
Job title: Recycling Assistant (Part Time)
Pay rate: £9.50 p/h
Hours: Thursday and Friday ONLY 8am-5pm
Responsibilities and duties include:
- To maximise the recycling performance and achieve recycling targets it will be necessary to interact with users of the site encouraging recycling and providing information and advice as necessary.
- To be fully conversant with the requirements of the waste management licence regarding waste acceptance and control procedures, operational controls, maintenance, record keeping and emergency plans.
You are required to wear the Company uniform and protective clothing issued under the PPE regulations 1992 and ensure that it is kept clean and tidy. It is a condition under the Health & Safety at Work Act Section 7 that protective clothing is worn.
- It is essential that you have regard to your responsibilities under the terms of the Company's Health & Safety Policy. You must always adopt safe working practices and adhere to other guidance and instructions which you may receive from time to time in respect of Health & Safety.
At all times you must ensure that nothing you do endangers or is likely to endanger the health & safety of yourself, your colleagues and the general public.
You must ensure that you maintain a polite and courteous manner towards members of the public at all times. You must provide assistance to members of the public when unloading and depositing household waste as and when requested.
- To be responsible for the security of the site by the locking and unlocking as required by the opening hours. There may be occasion when you are required to stay on site after closing time to ensure the safe exit of all members of the public.
- To ensure that the site is at all times maintained in a tidy and clean condition so that it presents no hazard to other employees or persons disposing of materials.
To control the use of the site in accordance with the waste management licence ensuring that no unauthorised materials are deposited. You will examine loads as required.
- To drive loading shovels and vehicles as may be required subject to holding appropriate licences or certificates of competence.
- To ensure the users of the site do not act in such a manner that they endanger themselves or others.
- To implement the Commercial Vehicle & Trailer Permit (CVT) Procedure.
To ensure that the sorting over, removing or disturbing of deposited waste or recyclables to recover items of potential value (totting) does not take place.
- To clear snow and ice during inclement weather to ensure that the site remains useable.
**MUST DRIVE AND HAVE OWN VEHICLE DUE TO LOCATION**
Industrial Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated operatives out to work every day across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.