Job: Production Planner
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Our Client are looking to recruit a Production Planner on a permanent basis. This role is based in their UK division, located in Worcester which is the operations and manufacturing centre for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
The primary purpose of this position is to release manufacturing orders necessary to meet MRP objectives.
Main Duties of the Production Planner:
- Analyse and open work orders from MRP system reports and sales order demand and open emergency orders as required
- Meet with operations and sales team
- Regular monitoring of planned orders and timely closing of lower level completed production orders, and end- product production orders in conjunction with regular Production Meetings
- Maintains valid part routings and Material Master MRP data. Monitor and ensure lead-time offsets are correctly assigned in Material Master
- Monitor, create/control routings as and when required
- Coordinates implementation of ECOs (Engineering Change Orders). Re-attach BoMs and create Production Orders as required
- Work with Project Manager and Sales to ensure proper shipping documentation has been generated per the customer specification and Letter of Credit (where appropriate)
- Arrange transport for contracts/parts as required
- Arrange packing and crating of items for dispatch including packing lists
- Client/freight forwarder liaison for packing and shipping of Export Contracts
- Proper review and close of production orders
- Use Winshuttle to open/close JIT production orders / new routings
- Processing of production orders for spares and aftermarket requirement
You should match the following criteria:
- Experience in planning, scheduling and/or purchasing
- Experience with MRP systems. Ability to read BOMs and drawings
- Experience with shipping, logistics and documentation is preferred
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.