CNC Turner - Programmer
A manufacturer in Birmingham are looking for a skilled CNC turner to join their team.
They are a major stockist & manufacturer of high quality fasteners. Setting standards since their establishment in 1971 they have the capacity to supply a unique range of products, from prototype to special to standard.
Salary up to £30k (depending on experience)
38.5 hours per week - Overtime 1.33 weekdays - 1.50 Saturday
Monday - Thursday 7.00am to 3.30 pm (1/2 hour lunch) - Friday 7.00am to 1.30am
28 days paid holiday (inc. BH)
The role of CNC Setter/Programmer will involve:
- Programming, setting & operating 7 axis FANUC controlled Lathes.
- Tool setting using touch probes and cut/measure technique.
- Program optimisation to achieve minimal cycle times.
- Running multiple machines simultaneously.
- Carrying out TPM tasks and engaging with Continuous improvement philosophy.
- Quality Inspection of parts using micrometers, Vernier’s and gauges.
- Working from Engineering drawings and international standards.
- Experience with FANUC controls is essential.
- Good understanding of machining/measuring threads of various forms.
- Ability to interpret and work to Engineering drawings in both metric and imperial units.
- Ability to plan and work from own initiative, with minimum supervision.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate attention to detail and reliability.
Workforce Manufacturing are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help. mfr38