Account Manager – sounds like a bit of you?
Are you a team player brimming with fresh, new ideas who radiates positive vibes? Want to work for us?
Workforce is hunting high and low for the very best Onsite Account Manager
How rude of us - we haven’t even introduced ourselves! Workforce is one of the leading recruitment firms in the West Midlands. Every year we provide thousands of excellent workers to over 700 local businesses covering a wide spectrum of roles. We’ve spent ages getting the perfect team together here at Workforce, so when we’re adding another newbie to our ranks, we want to make sure they’re a great fit for us– and, of course, that we’re a great fit for them too! When asked what sort of person they would like to work with, the team said they’re after someone who:
Is a reliable team player
Is honest, trustworthy and professional
Has excellent communication skills
Is driven to learn new things
Is happy to go the extra mile to provide an excellent quality service
‘What’s in it for me?’, we hear you ask.
Our employees benefit from:
- Competitive commission at one of the UK’s best companies to work for
- All the very best, state-of-the-art tech making your job 10x easier (nothing worse than a dodgy PC ruining your Monday morning flow!)
- A lovely, friendly team of colleagues
- Brilliant office location
- Support for your professional growth and career progression. Whether that’s in the form of helpful advice or some extra training, we have the connections. We do work in recruitment after all!And (saving the best for last) a whole host of year round social events including team nights out, festive get-togethers and team-building soirees.
Here’s all the important info:
Job title: Onsite Account Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000 per annum
Hours: 5 days out of 7
Day to Day duties include:
- To liaise with the client daily to understand their needs and plan your day accordingly.
- To be first point of contact for your client and candidates whilst onsite
- Write and place professional and effective job advertisements to attract candidates. Use marketing tools to source candidates
- Source, develop and manage candidate relationships within chosen competency. Qualify candidate suitability for current or future vacancies/clients, through questioning and referencing
- Induct and onboard candidates
- Be able to use in-house IT system to generate candidates
- Manage recruitment process from start to finish with both client and candidate
- Deal with client/candidate queries and take ownership of objection handling
- Manage placed candidates contracts and maintain client relationships with active contractors and placements. Administrative & General
- Ensure records are kept in line with, and adhere to, the recruitment legislation
- Keep all paperwork/system work up-to date regarding candidate's eligibility to work
Able to learn quickly, good working knowledge of production, driving and warehousing facilities would prove an advantage.
Enjoy contact with people and be able to work under pressure.
It is assumed that the suitable applicant will be used to working in a similar culture liaising between the multi-site manager & other key figures within the business.
To apply please send us an up-to-date CV to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch soon. We can’t wait to hear from you!