Material Planner - Aftermarket - Redditch
Material Planner - Aftermarket
We are looking for a Material Planner to join our team based in Redditch, responsible for the purchased material planning process from Inventory planning process , placing purchase orders, follow up with suppliers and to arrange the delivery of the product to our international partner distribution Centre, and to provide support to management as required.
- Plans all purchased parts within responsibility area
- Understanding of ERP/MRP Logic. Ideally SAP. Must have experience of planning modules in an ERP
- Make decisions to release, firm, cancel, or defer work based upon current inventory, demand, and capacity.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels to support Stocking Plan.
- Places and maintains purchase orders for purchased parts within responsibility area.
- Works with suppliers to expedite or defer materials as dictated by changes in internal and external customer requirements and to meet Service and inventory objectives.
- Work independently with suppliers to manage material supply to ensure on time deliveries.
- Facilitates problem resolutions with Accounts Payable related to purchase orders/ invoicing and pricing.
- Maintains accurate purchase order information in the ERP system
- Modifies order release due dates, quantities, and closes purchase orders, etc., based on planning demand.
- Represents Material Planning and Analysis at various meetings and relays related information to Material planning and analysis staff
- Collects information, complies into standard formats, and prepares monthly reports and other management reports as required.
- Review and implement supply chain solutions for supply chain shortages of parts within a manufacturing environment.
- APICS Qualification desirable
- Knowledge of manufacturing, quality control, and planning processes.
- Mainframe and personal computer experience a plus.
- Must possess good mathematical skills and the ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- In-depth knowledge of computerized integrated information systems (manufacturing, materials management, production planning, procurement and distribution).
- Must be a flexible, decisive and proactive problem solver.
- Must possess leadership skills to contribute to a team-oriented environment while leveraging lean methodologies.
- Must be focused on achieving business goals through Key Performance Indicators.
- Must be able to work well in high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Must be a strong communicator.
- Must be able to influence internal/external suppliers to achieve fulfilment objectives.
- Must possess a strong customer service orientation and must provide dedicated support of internal customer requirements.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, with ability to work on multiple priorities at once.
- Must be proficient in Excel including the ability to provide data analysis and report writing.
- Good basic Engineering understanding, able to read engineering drawings.