Mechanically Biased Maintenance Engineer
The post holder is required to work in an independent capacity to carry out preventative maintenance on machines/equipment and respond to emergency machine break downs. In addition, the Maintenance Engineer will be involved with new machinery specification, installation and movements of new or existing machines and the overhaul and repair of machines/equipment. Ensuring all machines and equipment on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for their designed purpose.
- Promote and carry out preventative maintenance in line with Company systems
- Work in a safe manner adhering to Company procedures and policies in relation to health and safety and environmental standards
- Ensuring all machines are safe and fit for purpose
- Installation of new plant, machines and equipment (to include pipe fitting & assisting with electrical installations) Overhaul upkeep and repair of plant and machinery regarding mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic faults.
- CNC Lathes
- Plastic extrusion machines
- Injection moulding machines
- Wickman multi spindle lathes
- Metal forming machinery
- Chilled water system and associated equipment.
- Compressed air system and associated equipment.
- Undertake repairs and servicing to the highest standard in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Effective communication - keeping management and relevant parties aware of issues and seeking advice and assistance when required.
- To attend training and continuous development opportunities as required.
- Update records and complete service logs as requested.
- Any other duty that may be required.
- A recognised practical Mechanical/engineering qualification to City & Guilds/NVQ standard at Technician level
- A good standard of English and math
- Recognised health and safety qualification e.g. IOSH Working Safely (Desirable but not essential)
- Mechanical to electrical cross skills qualification (Desirable but not essential)
- IPAF or equivalent qualification for MEWPs (Desirable but not essential)
- Recognised qualification in lifting and slinging operations (Desirable but not essential)
- Experience with in a multi discipline maintenance dept
- Experience of general factory buildings maintenance
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Fault find on hydraulic and pneumatic system
- Experience with Wickman multi spindle lathes
- Experience of extrusion and injection moulding machines
- Experience of metal forming machines
- Experience in lifting, slinging and overhead crane operation
- Ability to read mechanical drawings.
- Ability to read pneumatic/hydraulic drawings.
- Able to work on own initiative
- Competent in Mig welding
- Competent in the use of Manual lathes, millers and grinders
- Comfortable working at heights
- Behavioural Competencies
- Must be a team player and willing to contribute ideas and suggestions
- Be willing to listen to ideas and adopt alternative methods
- Capable of working under pressure
- Willingness to go the 'extra mile'
- Have sufficient confidence to use initiative to quickly resolve problems
This is a days based role working 39 contracted hours with the opportunity for overtime.
Salary £32-36 doe + Benefits