My client specialises in the design, build and installation of bespoke control systems, factory automation systems and machinery, vision inspection, plastic container handling and robotics. They’re looking to appoint an additional mechanical fitter/installer. In this role, you will be bringing our customers’ automation aspirations to life, working across a variety of industry sectors (predominantly in food and beverage and plastic container handling) and working on some truly ground-breaking projects.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, tenacious, punctual, and able to manage their own time effectively. You will be self-motivated, able to think/plan for yourself, and be a bit of a problem solver!
Others will describe you as hard working, courteous, having a mature attitude and being a great team player. You will work with an equally friendly and hardworking team of individuals, who are always willing to support one another. Flexibility, pulling your weight, having your own high standards and a can-do attitude are a must in order to fit in and become an integral part of our team.
To be considered for the role, you will:
- Be able to interpret engineering drawings (mechanical a must, electrical a plus)
- Have sound experience of machine assembly - to build assemblies and sub-assemblies - to build electrical and pneumatic systems - using general hand tools and power tools as required.
- Be hard working and a great ambassador for the company
- Be a team player and have a great attitude!
Skills & Experience:
- Ideally a trained apprentice and/or qualified Mechanical Fitter/Assembler
- Experienced at reading and interpreting engineering drawings and able to follow written instructions and method statements
- Familiar with working in hygienic environments and health and safety requirements
- Previous experience of working with pneumatic systems and valves
- Experienced at working on medium sized assemblies and sub-assemblies
- Having a high-level understanding of industrial control systems / PLCs is a plus but not essential
- Good eye for detail and able to work on their own and as part of a team
- Self-starter with the maturity to be able to work with minimal supervision but equally, knows when support is needed
- Trustworthy and a great communicator to ensure customers and your team have confidence
- Fluent in English (second language is a plus)
- A ‘can do’ attitude (we’re a small but growing team – we don’t have room for divas!)
- Full UK driving licence (with 3 penalty points or less)
- Passport – with no convictions
Normal Hours: Monday-Thursday 08.00 to 17.00, Friday 08.00 to 14.00(Note there may be occasional travel with longer hours)
Starting salary of £25-32k + OT paid @ 1.5