HGV Technician (Workshop)
We are currently recruiting for a Workshop based HGV Technician to join our team based at our Coventry depot. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Carrying out Preventative Maintenance on Light and LGV vehicles in accordance with Customer & Company policies, DVSA standards, in a timely manner to fulfil contractual requirements in the depot.
- Diagnosing and repairing mechanical and electrical defects on all vehicles and related ancillary equipment in compliance with Company and legislative requirements.
- Adhering to all statutory requirement regarding fire, health, safety and hygiene.
- Participating in cross/multi skilled training within your department or other departments as deemed appropriate by your Manager.
- Dealing with all internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Maintaining a high level of dress and appearance at all times adhering to PPE where the role requires this
- To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold a relevant qualification such as Level 3 HGV Service & Maintenance and/or IRTEC Level 2 Service & Maintenance.
- If LGV licence, ideally with Driver CPC and periodic hours completed.
- A keen team player.
- Good knowledge of all H,S&E regulations.
- Flexible to meet the volumes of work that may arise.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Basic Salary of up to £35,000 per annum dependant on experience
- £2,000 per annum shift allowance
- Overtime for hours worked every other Saturday
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Additional days holiday up to 25 days with service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- IRTEC standard training
- Free Parking
- Service Awards
Hours: 40 hours per week, 2 week rotating pattern Monday to Friday
Week 1: 06:00 until 14:30
Week 2: 14:00 until 22:30
Guaranteed overtime every other week when on the early shift: Saturday 06:00 to 12:00 (midday) Earning up to £41,700 OTE per annum