Technical Maintenance Controller
Job Title: Technical Maintenance Controller
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: First Floor, 2M, Middlemarch Business Park, Siskin Drive, Coventry, CV3 4FJ
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday with shifts ranging between 7:00 to 18h00
Fraikin brought its fleet expertise to the UK in 1978, and today we are one of the country’s largest providers of commercial vehicle contract hire, fleet management and rental. We offer customers a skills base and proven financial stability which we believe is second to none. This allows us to react to even the largest of new business opportunities in a sole supplier role, and with a customer renewal rate which is the envy of our competitors.
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Maintenance Controller to join our team based at our Head Office in Coventry. The main purpose of the role will be to support the team and to communicate with both Customer and Supplier teams to ensure that vehicle downtime for all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance is managed on a best cost/quality basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Delivery of cost and service effective maintenance solutions to satisfy customer needs within Fraikin maintenance budgets and agreed customer service KPIs.
- Ensure cost effective maintenance solutions are met on every occasion by checking history and warranty. Challenge all work to ensure that all maintenance is carried out to cost and quality standards.
- Monitoring and reporting on customer VOR’s in order to proactively manage and minimise the downtime of customer assets
- To check contracts for vehicles and their specific collection/ delivery and substitute allocation costs and entitlements.
- When a recharge is identified gain all necessary evidence and reports to allow the Coordinators to liaise with customer to obtain order numbers.
- To challenge all costs in line with Supplier Repairing Dealer (RDAs ) agreements.
- Monitoring and controlling VOCs and ensure maintenance spend is kept within set budgets.
- To assist were necessary Coordinators within the Fraikin Service Centre.
- To ensure that when authorising repairs the history on the vehicle is checked thoroughly for any parts warranty / warranty / rework, recharge or policy entitlement that can be claimed.
- Where necessary source new and used parts to assist repairers and elevate down time
- To identify and resolve any issues with appropriate suppliers in line with Guidelines set out within the RDA.
- Identify issues with suppliers and resolve whilst maintaining and building an effective relationship.
- Liaise with the appropriate Regional Engineering Manager where satisfactory resolutions cannot be met.
- Control of maintenance trends such as warranty, policy and component failure.
- To obtain any necessary credits from supplier / manufacture failures that have been identified
- To be able to demonstrate that vehicle downtime is managed in a proactive manner in line with agreed Key Performance Indicators.
- When rechargeable work is carried out, ensure the relevant costs are accrued and coded as such and the Customer is informed making a note of the full name and full purchase order number whenever possible.
- Basic Salary of up to £33,990 per annum dependant on experience
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Additional days holiday up to 25 days with service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Free Parking
- Service Awards
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Time served as an HGV/LGV Technician and/or Workshop Controller with an extensive knowledge of maintenance standards for LGV and HGV vehicles.
- Previous experience (or similar) within a busy maintenance control room environment dealing with scheduling/maintenance of commercial rental/contract hire/fleet management vehicles with third party suppliers
- In depth knowledge of repair times and parts cost. Proven track record of cost management within a similar environment.
- Negotiating and communication skills at all levels.
- IT literate and able to produce reports within tableau or excel where required to monitor performance
- Will work best on their own initiative and take pride in ensuring that work is seen through to completion.
- To be flexible in attitude in providing solutions to problems.