Position: MIG Fabricator Welder
Hourly rate: £12-£14ph
Hours: Monday to Thursday 6.30am to 4.45pm (30 minute un-paid break). 39hrs total.
Location: Walsall WS2
We are looking for an experienced production MIG welder to manufacture our heavy gauge assemblies for the construction industries. We are looking for a hardworking, reliable individual who can help us to continually progress as a company.
Applicants will need to demonstrate relevant welding experience and a weld test will be conducted as part of the interview for selected candidates.
If you have an enthusiasm, drive and dedication to deliver technically challenging projects this is the role for you.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.·
- Organise and check kits of parts before proceeding to weld
- Tacking components together in jigs according to drawing
- Fully weld components and remove splatter ready for inspection
- Report quality non-conformances with component parts and jigs
- Record production information on booking system.
- Look for development opportunities within the Welding Department
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in MIG Welding, preferably within the engineering sector.
- The successful candidate must be comfortable working under pressure, and someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Trained within a Heavy Plant environment would be advantageous.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings.
- The ability to work well within a team environment
- Self-motivated and solutions driven
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Must be adaptable to change and have the ability / desire to make a difference, a “Will Do” attitude.
- Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the successful performance of all assigned responsibilities.
Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!!
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.