IT Support Analyst 1st line
IT INFASTRUCTURE ENGINEER – 1st LINE SUPPORT
Reporting to: European IT Manager
Location: Pangbourne, UK
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
XP Power is a global leader in providing essential power solutions to the Healthcare, Technology and Industrial markets. We are a fast-growing business, based in numerous locations across North America, Asia and Europe, and are listed as a FTSE 250 company on the London Stock Exchange. We are extremely proud and committed to our culture that values Customer Focus, Flexibility, Knowledge, Speed, and Integrity. We are looking for self-motivated professionals who thrive in dynamic environments. Joining our team means you will work in a high performing global company where employees collaborate and strive to make XP Power the first-choice power solutions provider delivering the ultimate experience for our customers and our people.
Working as part of the European IT team, the IT Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for maintaining all infrastructure and providing high quality 1st line support to colleagues across the European region, directly contributing to improved efficiencies within the Regional and Global team.
- 1st & 2nd line remote user support and administration through ITSM and ITIL
- Procurement and Asset Management and configuration of new hardware and software
- Assist with Backup, Disaster Recovery and Incident Response planning and testing exercises
- General network and infrastructure support
- Assist where necessary with any IT led projects and initiatives
- Documentation, including common software guidance, onboarding checklists and user training
- Office 365 Administration including EndPoint Manager
- Other IT duties as required
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Experience providing IT support in a professional environment
- Familiar with maintenance and administration of Windows 10 Pro, Windows Server 2012 and up including Active Directory, Group Policy etc.
- Demonstrable understanding of Fundamentals of networking, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Knowledge of working in a virtualised environment (Hyper-V)
- Backup and recovery fundamentals
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Excellent problem solving and diagnosis skills and demonstrable Route Cause Analysis
- Ability to prioritise and manage a diverse and varied workload
WHY WORK FOR US?
XP Power provides a safe and healthy working environment that is stimulating and collegiate, where employees are empowered to make a real difference. We place our people at the heart of everything we do. We understand that if we provide our people with the ultimate experience, they will provide the ultimate experience to our customers.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Private Healthcare
- Pension contributions up to 8%
- 25 days annual leave (increasing by 1 day for every 5 years’ service to a maximum of 30 days)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance of 4 x annual salary
- Volunteering day allowance of one day per year to participate in an environmental or community relations project
OUR PEOPLE – OUR POWER
XP Power is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating an environment where people are valued, supported and nurtured to deliver their best. Operating globally, we celebrate the cultural differences that exist in the countries in which we do business. Being a truly diverse and inclusive community helps us grow our business through innovation; attracting and retaining talent to engage the people who buy our power solutions. We know that by cultivating the ultimate experience for all our people, they will deliver the same to our customers.