CNC Setter (Sliding Head)
Job Role: CNC Setter (sliding head)
Pay Band: £14.06 p/h
Standard Hours: 37 p/w
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Friday: 8:00am - 1:00pm
A mechanical engineer in Birmingham are looking for a CNC Setter working the hours shown above.
The company currently have 10 Star Sliding Head and 4 Miyano Fixed Head CNC's on site. The stars are a mix of 20, 32 and 38 Fanuc controlled machines and the Miyano's are 42 or 51 machines with 3 Fanuc controlled and one Mitsubishi controlled.
The primary roles of the applicant would be:
- Changing the job being manufactured on a machine. Initially only proven jobs would be passed to the applicant. They will be provided with a Proven Program, a Component Drawing and a tooling layout.
- Setting up the machines up for night running and starting machines up in the morning. They will be expected to change all the tips that need to be changed, ensure that the machine is loaded and set the machine count. In the morning they will need to gauge the last part off. Rectify any faults and change any tips needed.
- Reset machine faults. Initially this would focus on informing supervision of the fault and getting the machine running again. But would also ideally include helping determine the reason for the fault and determining actions needed to prevent reoccurrence.
- Fixing dimensional issues that happen over the course of a run. If dimensions on a component move over the course of the run. The applicant will be required to get them back into the correct limits.
The primary roles will not take up all of the applicant's time. Therefore, when not directly involved in setting they will be expected to assist with the operators work load.
- Gauging parts to ensure that machines are running correctly.
- Barring up Machines.
- Clearing swarf traps on machines.
- Cleaning up oil spills and sweeping up.
Benefits also include:
* Family friendly company - no overtime or weekend work unless under very exceptional circumstances.
* 5.5% employer pension contribution
* Free onsite parking
Workforce Manufacturing are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help. mfr33