Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd are the sole UK distributor for the world leading premium brand Komatsu and one of the UK’s largest distributors of construction, quarrying and utility equipment. We are proud of our reputation for ‘best in class’ products, service commitment and continuous innovation and growth.
We aim to be our customers first choice with a multi-site UK operation to drive sales and deliver excellent aftercare and customer support. We focus on improving productivity by changing the way our customers work and we excel in fuel efficient machine solutions.
We are looking for a passionate, business focused Finance Manager to join our successful team.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to manage and develop the Accounting Team to effectively deliver internal reporting, group reporting and strong financial controls. Engage in continuous improvement to recommend and implement changes that improve the Company’s financial performance and financial controls.
Reporting to the Head of Finance this role is ideal for a qualified accountant, who is organised & proactive.
What is the purpose of the role?
- Manage the performance of the Accounting team to deliver departmental objectives
- Produce monthly internal and Group reports, including commentary and variance analysis
- Maintain and develop the financial control framework, including accountabilities and authorities to ensure robust financial control
- Point of contact for internal and external auditors
- Management of Accounts Payable and Banking functions, including foreign exchange purchasing and exposure
- Develop and enhance the reporting of financial and operational performance including cost control
- Preparation of VAT returns and Intrastat reports
What skills and behaviours are we looking for?
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) – essential
- High attention to detail
- Experience of delivering process improvements
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible outlook to working hours when required (month end process)
- Team player
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down
- Flexible working
- On the job training