Purchase Ledger Assistant
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd are the sole UK distributor for the world leading premium brand Komatsu and one of the UK’s largest distributors of construction, quarrying and utility equipment. We are proud of our reputation for ‘best in class’ products, service commitment and continuous innovation and growth.
We aim to be our customers first choice with a multi-site UK operation to drive sales and deliver excellent aftercare and customer support. We focus on improving productivity by changing the way our customers work and we excel in fuel efficient machine solutions.
We are looking for a passionate, business focused Purchase Ledger Assistant to join our successful team.
PURCHASE LEDGER ASSISTANT
We are looking for a Purchase Ledger Assistant to help with the efficient running of the purchase ledger function to ensure all transactions are accurately processed in a timely manner in compliance with relevant rules and regulation.
Reporting to the Finance Manager this role is ideal for a proactive, organised & self-motivated individual.
What is the purpose of the role?
- Process all forms of purchase invoices in an accurate and timely manner ensuring all entries are in accordance with UK legislation and company rules
- Process all expenses claims in accordance with UK legislation and company rules, liaising with payroll for agreement of monthly payments
- Assisting with the processing of weekly, monthly and ad hoc payment runs by Bacs and Bankline to ensure that all payments are made within agreed deadlines and in accordance with company rules
- Maintaining supplier details on the ERP system to ensure accurate data and checks are compliant with company rules
- Assisting with the reconciliation of main bank accounts
- Co-ordinate activities with other team members giving support to the purchase ledger function.
What skills and behaviours are we looking for?
- Desirable – AAT part qualified
- Ability to handle large volumes of transactions and prioritise workload
- Ability to work alone and within a team to meet deadlines
- Enjoys working in a changing environment
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down
- Flexible working
- On the job training