Junior Project Manager
TECHNICAL PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR
XP Power is a global leader in providing essential power solutions to the Industrial Technology, Healthcare and Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment sectors. We design and manufacture power controllers, the essential hardware component in every piece of electrical equipment that converts power from the electricity grid into the right form for equipment to function. Listed as a FTSE 250 company on the London Stock Exchange we are a fast-growing business, serving our global blue-chip customer base from 29 locations across Europe, North America, and Asia. We are extremely proud and committed to our culture that values Customer Focus, Flexibility, Knowledge, Speed, and Integrity. Joining our team means you’ll work in a high performing global organisation where employees collaborate and strive to make XP Power the first-choice power solutions provider delivering the ultimate experience for our customers and our people.
The opportunity is within the European Custom Power Group. The role is to assist leading a cross functional team to deliver custom power solutions to key customers across Europe. The role is suited to someone looking to start a career in Project or Programme Management. You will have the confidence and opportunity to identify and contribute to process improvements that consistently meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Generate and drive New Product Introduction (NPI) and sustaining project plans according to XP Power’s Project Development Lifecycle. They are typically value added style developments designed around standard power supplies and DC/DC converters, using either internal or external design and manufacturing resources as appropriate.
- Administrate cross functional project meetings and represent project status and plans in customer facing meetings
- Administrate complex development schedules, track and drive issues to closure, action items, risks, and risk mitigation plans.
- Manage NPI project builds in both the UK and XP Power factories in Asia.
- Contribute to executive level updates and KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators)
- Other duties may be assigned.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Educated to degree level – preferably in an Electrical or Mechanical Engineering discipline
- 1+ year of engineering and/or program manager experience
- Must be able to work proactively, independently, and confidently in a dynamic engineering environment
- Must have great communication, organisational and leadership skills with the ability to inspire team members
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles, remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
- Language skills would be a bonus.
- Working knowledge of S/4 HANA (ERP) and Smartsheet (Project Management) preferable, although knowledge of similar systems also considered.
- Experience of transferring products to Asian factories is desired
- Experience with power conversion is desired
WHY WORK FOR US?
XP Power provides a safe and healthy working environment that is stimulating and collaborative, where employees are empowered to make a real difference. We place our people at the heart of everything we do. We understand that if we provide our people with the ultimate experience, they will provide the ultimate experience to our customers.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Private Healthcare
- Pension contributions up to 8%
- 25 days annual leave (increasing by 1 day for every 5 years’ service to a maximum of 30 days)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance of 4 x annual salary
- Volunteering day allowance of one day per year to participate in an environmental or community relations project
OUR PEOPLE – OUR POWER
XP Power is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating an environment where people are valued, supported, and nurtured to deliver their best. Operating globally, we celebrate the cultural differences that exist in the countries in which we do business. Being a truly diverse and inclusive community helps us grow our business through innovation; attracting and retaining talent to engage the people who buy our power solutions. We know that by cultivating the ultimate experience for all our people, they will deliver the same to our customers.