Engineering Design Manager
My client, a world leader in the design, invention and build of invasive technology for the defence sector are actively recruiting an Engineering Design Manager to join their ranks.
You will be qualified to a HND (Minimum Level 5) as a minimum – ideally possessing a Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
You will have a good understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles and the ability to apply them in an analytical and methodical approach.
Knowledge of engineering calculations and ability to use them in the workplace is a must.
You will possess a strong background in Design Engineering, Project Management and Manufacturing essential to oversee key elements in all areas.
Knowledge of Solidworks Solid Modelling would be an advantage.
The desired person would also be flexible, adaptable to a range of working methods and processes, be well organised, able to communicate technical and practical concepts and be a team player with the ability to work and communicate confidently and effectively with Senior Management.
- Lead and Co-ordinate internal/external design staff and manage those staff on a day-to-day basis, allocating work between the teams accordingly
- Ensure professional standards are maintained for all designs and check work lead times and work engineering systems and processes.
- Maintain and develop company works engineering and design procedures and develop and communicate technical best practice.
- Thoroughly research new materials and processes
- Utilise specific software to create models of the product
- Organising previous engineering records and properly reporting new ones to produce the best methods
- Oversee, effective testing of prototypes and record/analyse data from testing
- Oversee design engineers modification of designs until the best version is reached
- Preparing, scheduling, co-ordinating and monitoring assigned technical and engineering projects to meet budget and deadlines.
- Translate client needs and create practical timelines to be met by the team
- Resolving any problems with the team, plans and budget to ensure that the project flows smoothly.
- Identifying potential problems with the project, leading the team into developing solutions and ensuring that they are implemented
- Ensure all legal and H&S requirements are met throughout the project.
- Act as the key interface between the engineering and manufacturing teams; ensuring design for manufacture, manufacturing readiness and the delivery of all production related processes and equipment necessary
- Developing and creating the prototyping process either by parts, tools, processes or measurements sets. This is either executed by the Prototype Engineer or outsourced to expert colleagues
- Support Product Development by translating ideas into workable prototypes.
- Advising on solutions to issues and problems that arise in new products and processes
- Ensuring the manufactured parts are correct and inspected before the prototype build begins
- Taking part of the responsibility for a certain process or equipment and oversee the progress of the prototype build solving and technical issues.
- Developing and implementing a suitable testing program.
- Supporting and advising the development of products and modifications.
- Supervise the workshop manpower loading.
- Liaise with and co-ordinate staff on a daily basis, allocating work effectively.
You will come from one of the below sectors;
Automation , Aerospace , Motorsport , Robotics
**Competitive salary of £40-50k + Benefits **
**Day shift only**