Job Title: HGV Technician (Workshop)
Number of Vacancies: 3
Location: Unit 3A, Ridgeway Distribution Centre, Iver, Buckinghamshire, SL0 9JQ
Hours: 40 per week, Monday to Friday 14h00 until 22h30
Earning: Up to £35,000 DOE per annum + overtime + shift allowance
Fraikin brought its fleet expertise to the UK in 1978, and today we are one of the country’s largest providers of commercial vehicle contract hire, fleet management and rental. We offer customers a skills base and proven financial stability which we believe is second to none. This allows us to react to even the largest of new business opportunities in a sole supplier role, and with a customer renewal rate which is the envy of our competitors.
We are currently recruiting for a Workshop based HGV Technician to join our team based at our depot. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Carrying out Preventative Maintenance on LGV and HGV vehicles in accordance with Customer & Company policies, DVSA standards, in a timely manner to fulfil contractual requirements in the depot.
- Diagnosing and repairing mechanical and electrical defects on all vehicles and related ancillary equipment in compliance with Company and legislative requirements.
- Adhering to all statutory requirement regarding fire, health, safety and hygiene.
- Participating in cross/multi skilled training within your department or other departments as deemed appropriate by your Manager.
- Dealing with all internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Maintaining a high level of dress and appearance at all times adhering to PPE where the role requires this
- Basic Salary of up to £35,000 per annum dependant on experience
- £2,000 per annum shift allowance
- Adhoc Overtime
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Additional days holiday up to 25 days with service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- IRTEC standard training
- Free Parking
- Service Awards
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold a relevant qualification such Level 3 HGV Service & Maintenance and/or IRTEC Level 2 Service & Maintenance.
- If LGV licence, ideally with Driver CPC and periodic hours completed.
- A keen team player.
- Good knowledge of all HS&E regulations.
- Flexible to meet the volumes of work that may arise.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative