Production Group Leader (manufacturing)
Job title: Production Group Leader (manufacturing)
Salary: Upto £30,000pa DOE
Hours: 6am-2pm - 2pm-10pm, rotating shifts
Location: West Brom B70
You must have:
- Sheet metal fabrication
- MIG welding
- Trumpf/Amada/Turret punch
- Brake presses
- Ability to read from drawings
- Jigs & fixtures
- Ensure OEE and other measurement tools are accurately reported, and targets achieved with action plans instigated where necessary.
- Develop and manage the manufacturing process to ensure the requirements of internal and external customers are achieved. Create clear and timely presentations to the senior management team to communicate and escalate adverse situations and proposals for resolving.
- Lead and set standards from which others are expected to operate, taking full accountability for the area of responsibility and its performance.
- Create and update full Labour plans to support the area of responsibility, ensuring all required resources are available and fully functional prior to start of production.
- Control Labour within areas to ensure lateness, absence and return to work interviews are dealt with in line with Company Policies and where necessary disciplinary action taken.
- Ensure accuracy, adherence and diligence to company operating systems and promote ongoing development of systems. Produce weekly reports detailing outstanding system items to be addressed, ensuring smooth running and accurate reporting of area.
- Responsible for area adherence to process controls, TPM, in-process checks and MRP system booking. This includes all documentation, audit and sign-off.
- Represent area and Company during internal / external meetings, contributing to ongoing Company development.
- Co-ordinate the activities of a cross functional multi-skilled team in pursuit of business improvements and corrective measures against shortfalls in KPI’s.
- Manage all aspects of people management in accordance with designated authority, company policies and employment legislation.
- Identify training needs of self and others with area of responsibility.
- Ensure successful delivery and implementation of training activities through agreed methods, in line with operational requirements.
- Ensure security of Company equipment, site and facilities at all times.
- Control all expenditure within allocated area, using PDCA principles and contribute to budgeting process.
- Report monthly on the cost saving improvements made within the area.
- Calculate and develop KPI’s in line with Company annual Budget requirements.
- Investigate and understand operating requirements of plant machinery and processes.
- Undertake production planning for the area, including ‘bottle neck’ management and recovery planning.
- Manage inventory levels with the area and negotiate strategic stockholding with internal / external customers / suppliers, protecting on-time delivery.
- Consistently achieve the Quality Standard as determined by the Customer, understanding and adhering to the Company’s Quality Procedures and Standards, thereby ensuring continued relevant stanrd registration.
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Support, contribute and Develop Health, safety and Environmental action plans, agreed by the Company to ensure a safe working environment for all employees. Ensuring the introduction of appropriate measures to address highlighted issues and concerns and thus respecting all legal and Policy requirements, meeting required standards.
Workforce Manufacturing are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.