With a mix of both management accounting and technical accounting, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and qualified Financial or Management Accountant, to be able to work effectively across multiple European sales entities owning general ledger transactions through to the monthly and annual reporting to key stakeholders and audit.
We are looking for a bright and capable individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and is confident with high volume data processing and analysis.
- Responsible for month end close and reporting for various EU entities, including:
- Balance Sheet and Transfer Pricing reconciliations
- Maintenance and posting of prepayments schedules
- Calculation and posting of IFRS 9 and 16 journals
- Intercompany clear downs and reconciliations
- Reconciliation and posting of revaluations
- Review of indirect and direct tax ledger codes
- Calculation and posting of monthly corporation tax accrual
- Results analysis and upload into Consolidation software
- Preparation of monthly reporting pack and presentation to key stakeholders
- Supporting on reconciliation of regulatory filings to ERP for EU entities
- Supporting local statutory audits and deliverables preparation for UK tax return
- Posting of ad hoc and monthly bill of material updates for UK workshop plant
- Responsible for finance controls surrounding Inventory Counts in UK and Germany
- Submission for required ONS Reporting
- Support the European Accounting Manager in any adhoc requests and project work
- Maintain an ethos of continuous improvement
Key Skills and Experience
- IT Literate with emphasis on strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong understanding of and ability to implement key control procedures
- Effective time management and strong organisation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and when dealing with conflicting priorities
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment, with a strong sense of accountability and responsibility
- Desirable skills: Experience of using SAP/S4HANA and Cognos
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified with at least 3 years post qualified experience
About our Business
We’re a major supplier of critical power conversion technology to the healthcare, industrial and technology markets. We are a fast-growing multi-national company, with the group listed on the London Stock Exchange. We are looking for self-motivated professionals who thrive in dynamic environments. We are proud of and committed to our culture that values Customer Focus, Flexibility, Knowledge, Speed and Integrity. Joining our team means you will work in a high performing global company where employees collaborate and strive for excellence.
This is a FTSE 250 business that has strong organic growth and has experienced particular upturn due to demand for ventilators across Europe & Asia. The business expands inorganically also, acquiring two new companies in 2022 to further enhance the capacity and market opportunities of the EU division.
The largest two entities are UK and Germany. The C-Suite are based in the UK, and most operations are directed from here. Post Brexit Germany is the primary European distribution hub. There are 3 warehouses in Europe, with one in Reading, and two in Germany.
About our Team
The European Finance Team is a small team that has recently undergone restructuring. Based in Pangbourne (Berkshire), the European Finance team is split between a Transactional function and an Accounting Function, where both teams work together to report into the European Financial Controller. An Analyst also reports into the European Financial Controller.
The Transactional team is headed up by the Finance Manager who has an Account Payable Clerks and an Assistant Accountant reporting into them.
The Accounting Team is headed up by the Interim Accounting Manager who has 2 Qualified General Ledger Accountants reporting into them.