Automation Service Engineer
ALS Mechatronic specialise in the design, build and installation of bespoke control systems, factory automation systems and machinery, vision inspection, plastic container handling and robotics.
We’re looking to appoint an automation service engineer. In this role, you will be bringing our customers’ automation aspirations to life, working across a variety of industry sectors (predominantly in food and beverage and plastic container handling) and working on some truly ground-breaking projects.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, tenacious, punctual, and able to manage their own time effectively. You’ll have high standards and be described as hard working, courteous, having a mature attitude and being a great team player. You will report to the Director, commissioning and services and work with an equally friendly and hardworking team of individuals, who are always willing to support one another.
Flexibility, pulling your weight and a can-do attitude are a must in order to fit in and become an integral part of our team.
- You will be required to work both in-house and on customers’ sites, responsible for bringing our projects to life with electrical installation on customers site, machinery commissioning as well as post purchase servicing of machinery and breakdown support.
- You will also be required to install control panels, manage the onsite wiring process and be enthusiastic for learning, especially vision inspection systems.
- All this and more, while ensuring every project you touch is delivered to the highest possible standards and in a timely fashion.
It is likely you will be deployed week to week to different locations, mainly around the UK and Ireland but you should expect worldwide travel on occasion. It is rare that you will be expected to stay over a weekend but this can happen, especially on overseas projects.
When you are not travelling, you will be in our workshop understanding the latest project and/or machinery.
To be considered for the role, you will:
- Ideally be an apprentice trained and/or qualified electrical fitter
- Be able to interpret engineering drawings (electrical a must, mechanical a plus)
- Have sound experience of automation machinery
- Have a high-level understanding of industrial control systems / PLC programming
- Have experience working with pneumatic systems and valves
- Have experience of industrial networks
- Be hard working and a great ambassador for the company
- Be a team player and have a great attitude
- Follow written instructions and method statements
- Familiar with working in hygienic environments and health and safety requirements
- Be experienced at working on medium sized assemblies and sub-assemblies
- Have a good eye for detail and able to work on their own and as part of a team
- Be willing to learn and improve
- Self-starter with the maturity to be able to work with minimal supervision but equally, knows when support is needed
- Neat and tidy / organised working
- Strong communication skills / polite and conscientious in dealing with customers and key stakeholders to inspire confidence
- Punctual and trustworthy
- Fluent in English (second language is a plus)
- A ‘can do’ attitude (we’re a small but growing team – we don’t have room for divas!)
- Willingness to travel/work away from home on a regular basis (majority UK, but also abroad) - approx. 70%
- Full UK driving licence (with 3 penalty points or less)
- Presentable and articulate
Normal Hours: Monday-Thursday 08.00 to 17.00, Friday 08.00 to 14.00
(Note there may be occasional travel with longer hours)
Starting salary of £30-35k + OT + Expenses + Benefits
Company Car/Van/Truck provided post probation including fuel card