Warehouse Team Leader
Warehouse Team Leader
Location: Erdington, Birmingham
Rate of pay: £24,960
Hours of Work: 8am- 4.30pm . 5 days out of 7 incl weekends
You will be responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team members on a daily basis.
As a team leader, you will be the contact point for all team members, so positive communication is a must. You are required to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration.
Ultimately, you will lead by setting a good example and engage the team to achieve goals.
Day to Day duties will include the following:
- To lead by example, ensuring all policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- To allocate all resources to maximise efficiency’s within the department.
- To report to the Warehouse Manager on all issues that affect the timely running of the department.
- To ensure that good levels of housekeeping are maintained throughout your department.
- To ensure that the health safety and welfare of all colleagues is maintained on site.
- To ensure that all operational procedures are undertaken to the relevant timescales.
- To ensure that all absence is reported to the Warehouse manager and a return to work completed, on the colleagues first day back to work.
- To ensure all accidents and near misses are reported to the warehouse manager.
- To ensure that your department operates at its optimum levels taking in to account holidays and absences.
- To be aware of department performance, report and communication data on an on-going basis
- To report all defects as discovered directly to the Warehouse Manager.
- To liaise with other warehouse departments to maximise our resources within our operation.
- To undertake any reasonable duties deemed appropriate due to the needs of our business.
- Experience working in a fulfilment environment , ideally picking and packing of high volume orders
Logistics Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated operatives out to work every day across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.