Job Title: Steelworks operative
Shift: 08:00-17:00 mon to fri 08:00-13:00
Pay Rate: £10.75ph
A knowledge of steel or an interest in the sector would be beneficial but not necessary as full training will be given. Knowledge/awareness of imperial measurements an advantage but not essential. Forklift licence, crane licence and previous manual handling training useful but not essential
What’s the job?
- identifying the various steel products & pulling bars from the racks to conform to requirements detailed on the order. Can be a physically demanding role.
- Banding/labelling of orders for despatch, loading on to vehicles
- completing paperwork as per company procedure
- understanding stock colour codes, the grid matrix system and the importance of traceability of stock
- using relevant machinery (saws) and equipment such as verniers, slip gauges, micrometers, tape measures and banding wire
- safe use of crane and forklift after appropriate training
- accepting deliveries at Good Inwards
- customer collections – locating order in works, supplying to customer, completing necessary paperwork.
- Must adhere to safe working practice and all Health & Safety regulations at all times.
- Good communication skills to deal with customers and colleagues
- Clear handwriting
- Safety footwear to be worn at all times when at work, supplied by company. Additional PPE must be used wherever appropriate to the task being undertaken, supplied by company
- Maintain excellent service by being helpful, courteous and polite at all times
- Do you have the experience? The company welcomes a site visit to ensure you are happy with the role, the environment and the people you will work with!
- If you would like to speak to someone regarding being booked on a site visit then please contact Tracey Makin 01527-390037 for more information or send an email to email@example.com
- Immediate starts are available!
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.