Job Title: Transport Manager
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
The Transport Manager will deliver a high quality, cost effective transportation service which consistently achieves within company SLAs, and balances the needs of colleagues in operations, the commercial teams and the overall network. This role will ensure that vehicles and staff conform to every aspect of legislation, and company policy and will be totally compliant with the requirements of the companies Operators licence. In so doing they will contribute to ensuring that company continues to consistently deliver the highest quality, most cost effective offering for its customers across all products. Team Leadership and Management
- Undertake recruitment activities for all drivers and relevant transport support staff within the depot. In close liaison with agency contract managers ensure any temporary staff are subject to appropriate pre-employment checks and training.
- Communicate effectively with the team through daily and weekly meetings on business and personal performance within the Depot and across the network as a whole. Ensure this information is displayed appropriately for reference and review.
- Manage the attendance, conduct and performance of staff including (but not limited to) agreeing objectives; reviewing, recognising and rewarding performance against objectives; addressing issues of unsatisfactory performance, attendance or conduct in line with policies.
- Support the professional development of staff, through coaching and facilitation of other development opportunities to support retention, talent management and succession planning.
- Promote and drive engagement within the team. Motivate staff through, for example, regular meetings, performance feedback and targets, providing regular updates on My Say results and encouraging a collaborative approach to addressing any issues highlighted in those results.
- Manage an individual profit and loss account for the depot managing and monitoring weekly costs in line with forecasts and reporting appropriately.
- Monitor, report and regularly review spend against forecast with a view to exceeding financial targets i.e. delivering cost saving initiatives.
Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Ensure all driving staff comply with all regulations in line with driving hours, working time directives and road legalities. Ensure all staff are operating safely, efficiently and with due regard to ensuring quality standards are met, so that customers receive an excellent experience.
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Environment policies and other relevant regulations ensuring accurate recording and reporting of any incidents, accidents or near misses.
- Report and investigate all accidents, and carry out all follow-up action where appropriate including in close liaison with the company Security, Health & Safety team. Lead disciplinary hearings where necessary with the support of HR.
- Drive a culture of full compliance with all internal and external regulatory requirements, e.g. the Mail Integrity Code of Practice; Carriage of Dangerous Goods regulations; and, Data Protection and Information Security regulations etc. Contribute appropriately to regular internal and external audits.
- Ensure that all staff comply the Mail Integrity requirements including CRB checks, ID cards
- Deploying and maintaining the security policy in transport working in close liaison with the Head of Security to investigate and resolve potential breach situations.