Job Title: Depot Supervisor
Location: Rushden NN10 (Northamptonshire)
If you are exceptionally organised and have a HR background, we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
As our Depot Coordinator, you will be supporting our Depot Management team through the provision of high-quality, cost-effective depot administration support including day-to-day cost reporting, recording of attendance and absence of staff.
You will be working within our HR/payroll processes and supporting facility management on site. As Depot Coordinator, you will be working with colleagues within this site to ensure the company remains a great place to work and addressing any issues that arise and suggesting changes which will improve the working environment.
Our site is operational 24/7 and this role will be working 5 of 7 days, over a number of shift patterns in order to fully support our management team.
Key duties for this role:
- Act as first point of contact within the Depot for visitors, vendors, staff and other internal departments, promptly resolving, re-directing and/or escalating issues appropriately.
- Maintaining and processing all staff/payroll records for the Depot including the collation and checking of all New Starter paperwork, change and leaver details. Support the recruitment of staff in liaison with the Depot Management team and approved recruitment agency(ies).
- Recording daily attendance, sickness, holidays, hours and overtime utilising the relevant paperwork, working on our time & attendance and payroll systems.
- Collate, check and verify worked hours producing daily and weekly reports on hours worked by the company and agency staff updating the companies pay-roll and agency contract manager accordingly.
- Support the Depot Manager with Depot cost management tracking weekly spends against forecast; update and forecast payroll/additional hour requirements; set-up new suppliers, raise purchase orders and process invoices on behalf of the depot; and, review and negotiate costs with local vendors/suppliers.
- Coordinate and monitor the work of cleaning and facilities management contractors on-site to ensure they meet SLA, escalating issues to the Depot Manager or Facilities team as appropriate.
- Manage the room booking system, set-up and organises refreshment requirements for meetings and client visits on site.
- Contribute to the provision of regular performance reports to the business.
- Assist the Depot Management team with reasonable requests within capability.
- Build relationships with internal and external service providers and clients, to ensure efficient sharing of information.
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Environment policies and other relevant regulations ensuring accurate recording and reporting.
- Raising of Purchase Orders for operational needs such as agency workers, facilities, and other suppliers.
- Acting as the main point of contact for absence notification, and facilitating contact with absent employees where notification is not received.
- Maintaining the resource of required PPE equipment such as high visibility jackets and safety boots, ensuring they are available and suitable for use.
- Facilitating the control of annual leave bookings and notifying Management when requests conflict with operational need.
We would welcome applicants with the following skills: Depot Coordinator, Administration, HR, Payroll, Communication, IT Literate, MS Office, Reporting, Admin, Data Analysis, Presentation, Data Entry, Event Management, Recruitment, Onboarding, Supplier Relationship Management, Compliance.
- Excellent and confident communicator both verbally and in writing; able to influence, build relationships and gain commitment from people at all levels.
- Able to work effectively as a part of a team demonstrating a hands on, energetic style with a ‘can do, will do’ attitude.
- Able to consistently produce high quality and accurate work with excellent attention to detail and a “right first time” mentality.
- Able to work with minimum supervision. Can demonstrate the ability to effectively evaluate a situation and escalate appropriately.
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information. Resilient and adequately robust when dealing with sensitive issues or conflicting viewpoints.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload and work to conflicting, frequently demanding, deadlines.
- Intermediate skills with MS Office particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills for data analysis, presentation and reporting.