Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Salary: £25,480 - £29,369
Location: Rushden NN10 (Northamptonshire)
Are you an experienced Warehouse Supervisor looking for a new opportunity?
We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, has excellent attention to detail and is keen to lay roots within a company which are growing year on year. You would be joining an organisation that embraces change, which are positive, curious and respect each other, which we believe enables and empowers individual success in people like you.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Depot Operations team as a Warehouse Supervisor. The purpose of this role is to supervise of a team of warehouse operatives, co-ordinate all activities that take place in the warehouse to ensure consistent achievement of the volume, quality and efficiency targets so that the company continues to deliver the highest quality, most cost-effective offering for its customers across all products.
There are two shifts available: Sunday to Thursday 14:00pm-22:30pm and 06:00am-14:30pm or Tuesday to Saturday 14:00pm– 22:30pm.
Key duties for this role, will include:
People and Resource Management
- Plan resource allocation according to volume and throughput to meet Service Level Agreement.
- Coordinate the activities of a team, delegating and prioritising work appropriately.
- Manage staff attendance, conduct and performance in line with company policies and procedures.
- Train team members on induction, to support personal development and/or performance improvement on the team.
- Deputise for the Shift Manager during periods of absence.
- Brief and debrief team members and colleagues on a daily basis.
- Assist in the development of a strong team culture by building effective relationships with colleagues from around the business sharing information in order to maximise efficiency.
- Communicate appropriately with internal and external customers to ensure they are kept up to date and informed on operational activities.
- Responsible for managing arrangements of the unloading and loading of deliveries – goods in/out.
- Adhere to, maintain, develop and regularly update all standard operating procedures in the warehouse in liaison with the Depot Management team.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external regulatory requirements, including (but not limited to): Safety; Health and Environment regulations; Carriage of Dangerous Goods regulations; and Data Protection and Information Security regulations.
We would welcome applications with the following skills: Warehouse, Supervisor, Planning, Coordinating, Training, Communication, Process Management, People Management, IT Literate, MS Office, Health & Safety, FLT, Performance Management, Compliance, Leadership, Warehouse Supervisor.
Excellent benefits as you would expect from a market leader.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to disseminate information effectively both internally and externally according to audience and situation.
- Influencing and feedback skills to support people and process management.
- Able to work through and assess issues in a logical way the identify solutions and communicate plans/decisions clearly.
- Able to manage own work in order to meet conflicting deadlines whilst maintaining performance standards and a consistent high degree of accuracy.
- Competent working with Microsoft Excel and Outlook to record and communicate information.
- Able to motivate and develop a team effectively in order to prioritise and organise activities.
- For some Supervisory roles a Forklift Truck (FLT) Licence, First Aid, Fire Warden or relevant Health & Safety Training will be required.
- Proactively seeks to identify opportunities for continuous process improvement.
- Typically, we would estimate that it would take at least 3 years’ experience within a similar environment to acquire the knowledge and skills required for this role.
- Experience of supervising a team including performance management, staff development, disciplinary and grievance, and attendance management.
- Flexible and able to work across different shifts and locations on occasion.