Transport Supervisor - Bolton
Transport Supervisor - Bolton - £25,500 starting salary
Our client are a large company, going through a sustained period of growth. There are great opportunities to progress within the business for the right candidate. The person will also need to be able to manage good communications and build a strong relationship with both suppliers and drivers. A large part of the daily activities will include managing and improving driver behaviours, infringements and vehicle efficiencies.
- Good communications skills and able to clearly engage with drivers on ensure they complete their daily activities, including any special instructions required by our customers.
- The issuing of keys and other assets in line with our legal obligations.
- Reporting Breakdowns and following up response times.
- Taking ownership of the day to day work plan in line with transport KPIS and coordinating and planning the following day's activities.
- Co-coordinating and executing agency and Subco requirements in line with the transport daily plans.
- Ensuring all other work declarations, RTWs, Infringements have been communicated with drivers and successfully signed off.
- Daily checks to ensure all drivers receive a license check and PPE.
- Communicate all stored briefs to drives and any special requirements.
- Undertake infringement discussions with drivers within the correct timeline and follow up any appropriate actions.
- Report all Vehicle defects, escalate any damage related defects to the transport manager. Ensure all damage is fully investigated with supporting evidence and driver statements.
- The control and checking of all agency work declarations and agency paperwork is completed, checked and filed.
- Escalate any illegal non-compliance immediately, and ensure driver is not placed on the road.
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.