Transport Operations Manager - Coventry
Transport Operations Manager - Coventry - Up to £35k d.o.e. - 42.5 hours per week Monday-Friday
*Please note you MUST have a Class 1 HGV licence, AND a National Transport Manager CPC to be considered.*
- Vehicle maintenance and control of two sites
- Keeping of maintenance records
- Temporary vehicle control
- Trailer inspection and condition control
- Cab cleanliness and vehicle condition control
- New damage and vehicle defect forms
- Invoice reconciliation
- Adhoc driver cover
- Driver infringement control
- Consumable controls KPI
- Driver briefs and debriefs
- Attendance of meetings
- Customer KPI's
- Accident KPI's
- Driver clock card and tracker reconciliation
- Web fleet KPI's, Wasted fuel, infringements, WTD
- Visit sites and audit drivers
- Accident investigations
- Fuel and adblue control
- KPI costs of fuel
Other duties include:
- General assistance to the Admin team
- Weekend and out of hours support
- Issuing adhoc 'Agency Driver Declaration Forms
- Checking drivers licenses and CPC
- Working with Agencies.
- Driver briefing and debriefing – in accordance with the 'Agency Driver Briefing/Debriefing Compliance Record
- Driver briefing and debriefing – in accordance with the 'Drivers Daily Debrief Form - Check List & Issues Log'
- Visit site liaise with drivers on compliance and inspect defects
Overall purpose of the role:
As a Key member of the Transport Office, you are responsible for the effective and accurate compliance and maintenance of the vehicles on a daily basis and ensuring fleet compliance is up-to-date at all times.
Hours are 42.5 per week Monday to Friday, shifts as required. Weekends may be required at times plus any reasonable requirements associated with the position.
You must have proven experience in a similar role within a Transport Office.
- Must hold a CPC in Road Haulage Operations
- Must have a good level of English and Maths
- Must be computer literate including MS Office, email, spreadsheets and transport databases
- Self-managing with good attention to detail
- Methodical and thorough approach to work
- Highly organised with the ability to remain focused under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and juggle priorities to meet requirements
- Ability to adhere to processes
- Must have a ‘Can Do Attitude’ and a desire to improve
- Flexible – a “team player”
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.