CMM operator day shift/weekend shift
Job Title: CMM Operator
Shift: Day shift/weekend days
Pay Rate: £13.32 L1 higher rate For L2/3 weekend work pays shift allowance £96pw
Our Client is is a leading global service provider of precision-forged and machined components in titanium, aluminium and special steels.
The Manufacturing Team manage operations team within an aerospace forging environment to deliver product manufacturing on time; drive standards; follow SQDCP performance improvements and customer satisfaction. This is a role which requires hot metal forming skills where possible
Working within a leading forging and machining organisation in Worcestershire focused on components primarily for the aerospace sector.
- Candidate must have good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Flexibility to work with little supervision across shift patterns.
- Hold a fork lift truck licence and /or an overhead crane or prepared to undertake training
- Have a fair understanding of engineering drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft packages · Proficient in PC DMIS
- A good understanding of CMM principles
- CMM experience at level one as a minimum
- Must have a good understanding of statistical process control (SPC)
- Good interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and achieve business objectives.
- Clear, concise and appropriate communication style both written and verbal
What’s the job?
- To ensure the safe operation of CMM Machines
- Understand the principles of CMM and their usage
- Delivery of measured components in line with customer requirements
- Support New Part Introduction Process
- Influence Machine Utilisation and Right First Time Measures.
- Ensure product quality and batch traceability is maintained at all times
- Carry out routine checks on all equipment
- Ensure all documentation is recorded accurately as defined by procedures.
- Maintain housekeeping in the department to company standards.
- Calibration of gauges and fixtures
Health & safety awareness
- Planning and Project Management
- Problem solving
- Lean tool deployment
- Strategy deployment
- IT skills
- Management of Employee relations
- Performance Management to SMART objectives
- Communication at all levels
- Decision making & prioritising
- Change management
- Team building
- Do you have the experience? The company welcomes a site visit to ensure you are happy with the role, the environment and the people you will work with!
- If you would like to speak to someone regarding being booked on a site visit then please contact Tracey Makin 01527-390037 for more information or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Immediate starts are available!
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.