2nd Line IT Support
Job title: 2nd Line IT Support
Location: Remote Working From Home
Salary: Up to £25k dependant on experience
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm
Our client is an innovative business process outsourcing provider founded over 10 years ago with offices across the UK, South Africa, and Australia. They have experienced exceptional growth and are now looking to add to their team on an initial temporary basis to support a number of new projects
The Support Technician team are expected to provide a telephone help desk support service between Monday to Friday, 9am-5:30pm. Support during Bank Holidays and occasional out of hours work is also expected.
Day to Day duties will include the following:
- Providing second line support on the helpdesk for technical issues. This includes telephone, email, web site and remote assistance to customers with their problems.
- Interact efficiently with the development team for software / fix delivery.
- Diagnose priority/impact of incoming cases. Where the case is not a defect resolve cases promptly for the customer and the user.
- Update progress of assigned tickets and close when resolved.
- Monitor logged tickets.
- Review all tickets on a daily basis and assist with any issues and / or provide progress updates to customers.
- Troubleshoot technical issues for customers and internal staff using IT procedure flowcharts and initiative.
- Provide guidance and knowledge transfer to others via day-to-day interaction and writing knowledge base articles.
As a person you will need the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- Interest in key technology developments and standards relevant to web development.
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solver
- Your own computer/laptop, with at least 8GB RAM
- Good internet speed (the minimum speeds we need are: Download 20 & Upload 10).
Office Workforce are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories; Clerical and Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales and Business Development, Secretarial and PA, Professional and Management. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help. Off27