Weekend Process Leader
Job Title: Process Leader
Shift: Fri – Sun: 05:30 – 18:00, 30 minute unpaid lunch
Pay Rate: £35-40k
Our Client is is a leading global service provider of precision-forged and machined components in titanium, aluminium and special steels. They currently have a vacancy for a qualified and experienced Manufacturing Engineer /Process Leader.
The Manufacturing Engineer / Process Leader is to manage an operations team within an aerospace forging environment to deliver product manufacturing on time; drive standards; follow SQDCP performance improvements and customer satisfaction. The Process Leader reports to the Forge Manager and is responsive to customer / supplier demands and NPI's and proactive in moving the business forward. This is a role which requires hot metal forming skills where possible and team management experience.
Working within a leading forging and machining organisation in Worcestershire focused on components primarily for the aerospace sector, the Process Leader will be responsible for:
What’s the job?
- Responsible for a process stream within one of four business units – Structural, Aerostructures, Precision, Machining, from raw material input to delivery and invoicing
- Headcount ranging from circa 15 – 50 heads
- Managing and motivating Process Team Leaders, and process operatives
- Operating budget will include
- Sub Contract
- Business Planning
- Load & Capacity
- SIOP (Sales Investment Operations Planning)
- Performance Management / Production System
- Manpower – People management, absence, productivity, skills, training
- Machines – Asset care / Die Care
- Methods – Standard Operations
- Material – Production plan, Flow, Logistics, inventory
- Delivery metrics – OTIF, Arrears reduction, Customer satisfaction, Business unit costs and revenue output in line with budgets, build and maintain buffer stocks
- Standardisation of process and consistent application
- Working environment – compliance to Mettis Policy and EHS directives.
- Leading, setting standards, guiding and coaching in line with vision mission values
- Responsible for the process stream 24/7
- Working with COA’s to provide accurate and reliable feedback to customers
- Meeting with customers
- NPI in line with project management policy milestones
- Do you have the experience? The company welcomes a site visit to ensure you are happy with the role, the environment and the people you will work with!
- If you would like to speak to someone regarding being booked on a site visit then please contact Tracey Makin 01527-390037 for more information or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Immediate starts are available!
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.