Sheet Metal Worker
Job Title: Sheet Metal Worker
Location: West Bromwich
Shift: Rotating shift pattern 6am – 2pm, 2pm – 10pm (22% Shift Pay)
Pay Rate: £12 + 22% Shift Pay
We are currently recruiting for a Sheet Metal Worker for our prestigious client based in West Bromwich
An industry leader in conduit trunking solutions, with strong market positions and widely recognised brands. Committed to serving our valued customers, global electrical distributors, independent electrical distributors, home improvement retailers, industrial distributors, HVAC/plumbing distributors.
- Permanent contract with future progression.
- Excellent, clean working conditions
- Safe and secure FREE parking on site.
- Onsite facilities and lunchroom.
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance
- Service and recognition awards
- Training and development opportunities
- Company Pension
- Cash health plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Immediate starts available! – Book a site visit today!
What’s the job?
Utilize and interpret drawings to determine how and where to fabricate, assemble and install sheet metal products Measure, mark dimensions, and lay out material to be installed using tools such as scribes, rulers, calculators, and squares
- Report directly to the Production Group Leader, listen to all allocated instructions.
- Fulfil all Tasks to the best of your ability.
- Work with all members of staff in a courteous manner always ensuring a good working environment.
- Knowledge of Continuous improvement & Lean manufacturing principles. 5S, Kaizen etc.
- Development, engagement and communication with all employees and the management team.
- Continual delivery of good quality products
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the roll.
- Filling in quality records as you go
- Work to Health and Safety within you work area.
- Responsible for the quality of the product produced and raises any issues with the Quality department
- Responsible for an effective shift handover and takeover
- Fasten joints and seams with various methods incl MIG/TIG welding & various fixings.
- Use hand and power tools to trim, buff, smooth, file and grind metal surfaces and joints of parts that have been assembled to ensure safety and a seamless appearance
- Select the appropriate type and gauge of sheet metal to be used in projects according to specifications
- Ensure safety is a priority on the job during all activities, including using tools and installing and fabricating metal
- Good knowledge of Brake press setting and operating
- Previous fabrication experience essential
- Do you have the experience? The company welcomes a site visit to ensure you are happy with the role, the environment and the people you will work with!
- If you would like to speak to someone regarding being booked on a site visit then please contact Rich Daniel on 01527 390049 for more information or send an email to email@example.com
- Immediate starts are available!
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.