£30,000 - £40,000
Our client are a global wholesaler & distributor of some of the biggest health, beauty
& grocery brands. Partnered with some of the biggest Health, Beauty, Household and Grocery
brands in the UK and offer a full distribution service in addition to a 360 ̊ brand building journey.
Due to continuing growth and success of their award winning, Sunday Times Fast Track 100
business, we now have a fantastic opportunity for a new Buyer to join our team in Tewkesbury.
Responsible for buying, replenishing, and pricing floor stock, end to end critical path
management, managing and developing supplier relationships. You will be required to negotiate
on price, quality, and delivery to ensure the best value for the business. You will work closely
with the sales team to create and price offers ensuring the business is competitive in the
industry. You will be responsible for managing the key accounts and diverse supply base in a
fast-paced industry so ability to prioritise is essential.
- Review and replenish the top 100 lines and core range with a never out of stock
- Raise purchase orders to fulfil customer orders working closely with the sales and sales
- Source new products and create wish lists benchmarking against competitors and
- Create offers for the sales team in line with the company pricing strategy
- Support the sales team to deliver company sales targets by offering strategic and
- Analyse supplier and company offers and promotions
- Work with the sales team to prepare for customer meetings and trade fairs
- Review and update product pricing in line with the company pricing strategy
- Manage and negotiate supplier pricing and terms
Relationships – internal and external
- Build relationships with the supplier portfolio through regular meetings, phone, and
- Attend trade fairs
- Work alongside the Buying Admin assistant to chase deliveries within the agreed lead
time with the suppler
- Support and mentor the buying admin assistant.
- Work alongside the accounts team to chase invoicing, retros, rebates and over riders
- Work closely with the sales and sales support team to respond to customer enquiries
and fulfil customer orders.
- Work closely with the marketing team to create graphics to accompany offers and
improve customers brand awareness and perception.
- Support the buying manager with core suppliers
- Excellent IT Skills especially Excel, V Look Up and pivot tables
- Enthusiastic and hungry to learn
- Determined and Positive Outlook
- Not be afraid of hard work
- Have passion and desire for procurement
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Excellent telephone manner
- Strong attention to detail
- A “Can Do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure
- Good time management
- Flexible attitude and approach
- Ability to manage busy workload and prioritise
In return you can expect:
- A generous base salary which is negotiable depending on experience.
- We all receive a generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Finish early every Friday at 4:00pm
- We frequently enjoy Pizza Friday at lunchtime, paid for by the company.
- Looking for a little extra? Following 12 months of service you will receive an extra day’s
annual leave to enjoy your birthday!
- A fun and friendly staff community