Network Security Engineer
NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER
Reporting to: Group IT Director
Location: Pangbourne, UK (with flexibility for remote working)
Employment Type: Permanent
> ABOUT US
XP Power is a global leader in providing essential power solutions to the Healthcare, Technology and Industrial markets. We are a fast-growing business, based in numerous locations across North America, Asia and Europe, and are listed as a FTSE 250 company on the London Stock Exchange. We are extremely proud and committed to our culture that values Customer Focus, Flexibility, Knowledge, Speed, and Integrity. We are looking for self-motivated professionals who thrive in dynamic environments. Joining our team means you will work in a high performing global company where employees collaborate and strive to make XP Power the first-choice power solutions provider delivering the ultimate experience for our customers and our people.
> THE OPPORTUNITY
Responsible for improving and maintaining XP Power’s cyber-security efforts, the Network Security Engineer has full scope of all of XP Power’s networks, infrastructure, and systems.
Monitoring alerts from a variety of systems and security tools, the Network Security Engineer will investigate, triage, and liaise with regional IT teams to resolve and prevent security incidents and keep XP Power safe from the wide array of cyber-security threats.
> KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor company infrastructure, systems and networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents and alerts.
- Implement security measures to protect systems and infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Create, contribute to, and modify Incident Response Plans, IT Risk Register and other cyber-security documentation and plans.
- Adhere to XP’s Change Management process and review changes relating to cyber security.
- Perform tests and audits, with internal and external partners, to uncover vulnerabilities or improvements.
- Resolve and assist with the resolution of security incidents.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Perform security tests against infrastructure and users.
- Train users on security software and information security management.
- Perform training for End Users to improve understanding and abilities around cyber security.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Ensure compliance with our documented policies and procedures.
- Work with regional IT teams on cyber-security issues.
- Elevate XP Power’s cyber-security posture.
> Key Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills
- Excellent communicator
- Strong knowledge of desktop & server operating systems and networking
- Strong log analysis skills
- Solid experience in the IT field
- Proven and relevant cyber-security experience
- Interest in IT, Cyber-Security, and Technology
> WHY WORK FOR US?
XP Power provides a safe and healthy working environment that is stimulating and collegiate, where employees are empowered to make a real difference. We place our people at the heart of everything we do. We understand that if we provide our people with the ultimate experience, they will provide the ultimate experience to our customers.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Private Healthcare
- Pension contributions up to 8%
- 25 days annual leave (increasing by 1 day for every 5 years’ service to a maximum of 30 days)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance of 4 x annual salary
- Volunteering day allowance of one day per year to participate in an environmental or community relations project
> OUR PEOPLE – OUR POWER
XP Power is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating an environment where people are valued, supported and nurtured to deliver their best. Operating globally, we celebrate the cultural differences that exist in the countries in which we do business. Being a truly diverse and inclusive community helps us grow our business through innovation; attracting and retaining talent to engage the people who buy our power solutions. We know that by cultivating the ultimate experience for all our people, they will deliver the same to our customers.