Call Centre Transport Administrator
Job Title: Call Centre Transport Administrator
Our client is a leading travel specialist and due to an increase in workload, are looking for a transport administrator to join their transport team ensuring all transport is booked in accordance with their tours. Processing any schedule changes/cancellations quickly to ensure no disruption to departing tours and helping the operations team should any transport related issues arise while on tour.
Day to day duties will include the following:
- To purchase flights through Airline portals and the internet.
- To create and claim bookings
- To request Eurostar and European Rail groups in accordance with our products.
- Using the in-house system to set up Eurostar land tours.
- To issue all rail bookings using the supplier’s individual IT systems.
- To plan regional rail journeys to arrive on time for our Eurostar departures.
- Liaise directly with airlines and rail companies.
- To research and request upgrades for the customer.
- To upload or send manifests to suppliers in the correct format.
- Using our in-house system to update any changes.
- To contact customers directly to advise of any transport changes either telephonically or in written communication.
- Keep up to date the departments spreadsheets and pivot tables.
- Work closely with other departments particularly Product and Operations and to assist the Contact Centre with any transport related queries.
- Ensure all cancellations and refunds are actioned and any refunds received are notified to the Finance team
- Action customer special requests such as medical, mobility and pre-booking of seats.
- To book any ancillary travel services such as individual train requests and flights.
- To ensure all relevant documentation is included in the customers travel documents.
- Available to be on an emergency on call rota as back up to the operations team should transport issues arise out of hours.
- Checking transport contracts ensuring correct flights details have been requested and updating internal spreadsheets.
- Checking invoices ready for payment.
- Any general administration duties that arise.
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
- Preferred knowledge of Amadeus (GDS)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills and time management ensure all deadlines are met with transport suppliers.
- Proficiency in Excel, as spreadsheets are an integral part of the department records.
- Ability to work under pressure, working alone, part of the transport team and part of the wider team.
- Take ownership and responsibility of workloads under little or no supervision.
- A willingness to be flexible with working hours and responsibilities
- A good knowledge of Traveller and Atlas (internal only)
Office Workforce are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories; Clerical and Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales and Business Development, Secretarial and PA, Professional and Management. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help. off25