Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd are the sole UK distributor for the world leading premium brand Komatsu and one of the UK’s largest distributors of construction, quarrying and utility equipment. We are proud of our reputation for ‘best in class’ products, service commitment and continuous innovation and growth.
We aim to be our customers first choice with a multi-site UK operation to drive sales and deliver excellent aftercare and customer support. We focus on improving productivity by changing the way our customers work and we excel in fuel efficient machine solutions.
We are looking for a passionate, business focused Warehouse Operative to join our successful team.
We are looking for a Warehouse operative to ensure all customer orders are managed are picked and packed correctly, efficiently and to a high standard.
Reporting to the Warehouse Team leader this role is ideal for someone who is a strong team player with a experience working in a warehouse environment.
What is the purpose of the role?
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles and ensuring deliveries from suppliers recorded correctly
- Carry out daily and weekly activities in relation to:
- Perpetual stock checks
- Daily and annual returns
- Service exchange
- Manual adjustments
- Identify improvements to logistics activity and make suggestions to Team Leader
- Ensure all goods are accounted for at the end of each day
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all paperwork
- Ensure all workstations are kept tidy and safe at all times.
What skills and behaviours are we looking for?
- Experience of working in a warehouse environment or have the understanding of the environment
- Basic IT skills - Microsoft Office experience (Outlook, Excel)
- Basic Safety training and knowledge of manual handling
- The ability to work well with others
- The ability to remain calm when under pressure
- Good verbal communication
- Manual Handling Trained
- Counterbalance Forklift truck licence
- SPA or CSCS training
- Experience of using hand held devices or any computer programs
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down
- Flexible working
- On the job training