Up to £50,000 Per Annum
Full time - 37.5 Hours Per week
Permanent Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
Our client is one of the country's largest providers of commercial vehicle contract hire and fleet management. They are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join their team, based at their Coventry head office.
The role is primarily to ensure the provision of a high-quality financial accounting service that supports the effective and efficient management of the company’s financial resources, within statutory and regulatory guidelines. To work within the finance team supporting accurate and timely processing of financial transactions and processes, and internal/external reporting requirements.
Day to Day duties:
- Supporting the financial controller in ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of all financial records, ensuring all revenue & costs (income and liabilities) are accurately recorded, reconciled and reviewed.
- Supporting the financial controller in the delivery of the monthly close process, analysing transactions and preparing required journals.
- Preparation of VAT Return workings and associated reconciliations.
- Completing account reconciliations to review and clear balance sheet control accounts on a monthly basis, including GRNI, VAT and payroll accounts, and maintaining appropriate documentation to support the audit.
- Processing journals ensuring that all accounting entries are supported by working papers for analytical review and audit.
- Providing support, assistance and cover across the wider Finance team to manage team absences and peak periods, which may include hands on support and/or managing additional financial responsibilities and staff. - Driving continuous improvement within your own areas of responsibility.
- Taking a proactive approach to risk management, ensuring risks and issues are identified, addressed, and reported and, where appropriate, escalated.
- Being fully aware of and actively complying with company policies and procedures relevant to your own responsibilities and to business policies and procedures including equality, sustainability and the environment, health and safety and data protection.
- Performing any other reasonable duties as directed by line management
What you need:
- CIMA/ACCA Qualified.
- A self-starter with a problem solving and inquiring mentality.
- Experience of developing, maintaining and running financial accounting systems and computerised accounting systems. M3 or other ERP desirable.
- Successful track record of maintaining effective, open and productive working relationships.
- Experience of delivering priorities within strict timelines.
- Experience of commercial leasing and or asset management in PE backed group an advantage.
- Strong ability to work flexibly, managing changing and competing priorities and absorbing new information rapidly to address complex issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, to work collaboratively to achieve objectives
Office Workforce are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories, Clerical and Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales and Business Development, Secretarial and PA, Professional and Management. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help. Off24