Workplace Experience Manager
> THE OPPORTUNITY
A key member of the European HR team, this role ensures our facilities and working environments support XP’s global approach to environmental sustainability, alongside the wellbeing of all employees and visitors to company locations. This is truly a varied and interesting role that takes responsibility for XP’s workplace optimisation – creating a positive overall workplaces experience for our employees, developing relationships with external providers, identifying opportunities for sustainable cost reduction and improving space/utilities operational performance. We are seeking someone who has significant practical experience and understanding of how to optimise employees’ workplace experience within our fast growing global business.
> KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Health, Safety & Environmental:
- Creating a safety culture by increasing awareness of Health, Safety and Environmental Wellness (HSEW) responsibilities, accountabilities and providing training to develop capabilities in these areas.
- Evaluate existing HSEW procedures, tools and resources, making recommendations on improvements and contribute towards the development of pragmatic and effective approach to environmental sustainability.
- Coordinate and participate in incident and emergency response programmes.
- Enhance induction information and training for staff to be aware of the HSEW systems and processes in XP.
- Research, facilitate and deliver topical training and information guides to aid in the prevention of workplace injuries and/or incidents, ie monthly safety moments.
- Manage all monitor and reporting HSEW data – including records, metrics, data, trends and areas for improvement
- Maintain service contracts for all premises to ensure optimum site performance, including preventative maintenance and repairs are completed as required.
- Create/update SLAs for all buildings related contractor activities including security, utilities, cleaning, etc with due consideration of environmental impact improvements to be completed in line with XP’s carbon targets.
- Oversee adhoc building projects, renovations or refurbishments, dealing with relevant trades to ensure outcomes are aligned with cost/time expectations.
- Support the organisation’s response to key health challenges, such as COVID-19 and mental health, including the execution of wellness activities for employees.
- Assist in the development of wellness and mentally healthy workplace initiatives and resources, promotional materials and tools that support our employees across Europe.
> Key Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in the field of Health, Safety and Environmental Wellness with appropriate qualifications, or equivalent knowledge and willingness to complete i.e. NEBOSH or NCRQ.
- Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within high pressure, business critical environments
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate, resolve conflict and communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communicator (written and verbal) able to present complex ideas simply and clearly to non-specialists
- Numerically confident with experience of using financial data to drive decision making
- Proven ability to work across a geographically disperse organisation and multiple operational locations.
- Evidence of supporting workplace improvement activities, ensuring delivery on time and to agreed budgets
- Right to work and live in the UK, within commutable distance of our offices in Pangbourne.
> WHY WORK FOR US?
XP Power is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating an environment where people are valued, supported and nurtured to deliver their best. XP Power provides a safe and healthy working environment that is stimulating and collaborative, where employees are empowered to make a real difference. We place our people at the heart of everything we do.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Private Healthcare
- Pension contributions up to 8%
- 25 days annual leave (increasing by 1 day for every 5 years’ service to a maximum of 30 days)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance of 4 x annual salary
- Volunteering day allowance of one day per year to participate in an environmental or community relations project