OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
· Work flexibly as part of the Supply Chain team across all supply chain functions from goods in receipt, through the preparation and delivery of raw materials, ingredients and mixtures to the production line, palletisation of finished goods and picking and loading of outbound deliveries.
Work in a safe way at all times, challenge unsafe acts and report unsafe conditions
· Follow ‘lone worker’ rules when carrying out tasks in the freezer.
· Conduct all operations in a manner which prioritises the safety of self and others
Result Area 2: QUALITY
Ensure “Right First Time” by paying attention to detail, following work instructions and escalating issues of quality to the team leader
· Demonstrate knowledge of HACCP policy.
· Ensure the pallet, label(s) and palletisation is inline with the ID card and escalate if any of these are out of control.
· Complete necessary checks of inbound loads to ensure materials arrive in fit for purpose state.
· Putaway pallets in freezer as per defined instruction.
· Store all ingredients and mixes in the correct location and under the correct conditions, adhering to all necessary process control checks and measures.
Result Area 3: HYGIENE AND HOUSEKEEPING
Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene through following Clean As You Go policies and Good Manufacturing Practice
· Remove any spillages or leaks from your area immediately and work continuously with colleagues to remove the cause of contamination.
· Maintain housekeeping standards and methods of cleaning and ensure at each shift change over when responsibility passes from you to a fellow operator or vice versa, that the work area is of the required workplace organization standards and ready for operation.
· Maintain all cleaning equipment in good condition and return it to the correct storage immediately after use.
· Complete all cleaning and tidying tasks assigned by Team Leader within the prescribed times and to the agreed standards.
Result Area 4: WASTE
Result Area 5: INFORMATION & RECORDS
Record relevant information accurately and clearly in a timely fashion
· Return, correctly record and store all unused ingredients from the production line.
· Remove, accurately record and correctly dispose of waste generated through production process or raw material delivery.
· Complete data entry in full, accurately and to agreed deadlines.
· Deal correctly with incoming paperwork and file in the appropriate manner.
· Complete all SAP transactions correctly and on time.
Result Area 6: COMMUNICATION
Primary communication includes:
Supply Chain Team Leader
H&S concerns, daily operational matters, problems requiring resolution.
Supply Chain colleagues
Feedback on any problems encountered on the shift and watch outs. Update on plan progress and hand over of working area in acceptable standard
Quality decisions, non-conformances, concessions
Line Area Owners and Operators
Plan progress, material requirements, production issues
Result Area 7: CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
· Support the Supply Chain Leader in proactively attempting to prevent and to resolve problems
· Suggest improvements to process to improve safety or performance, enhance quality or reduce waste
· Participate in continuous improvement projects (Kaizen) as required
Result area 8: FLEXIBILITY
· This is a broad roll which requires multiple skills and the ability to flex between functions
Primary Measurable Achievements
- Palletised goods are correct to ID card. Label print quality and wrapping achieve photo standards.
- Delivery of materials to lineside on time in order to achieve all changeovers as per production schedule and maintain uninterrupted production
- All ingredients weighed, measured and mixed to product specifications
- Waste levels kept within KPI targets
- Complete data recording clearly, without errors and to prescribed deadlines
- Qualifications and Experience
- Valid reach and counterbalance FLT licence - Also will accept people
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Solid numeracy skills are required to accurately calculate and record material usage and requirements
- Ability to consistently follow work instructions and ensure procedural adherence
- Excellent and pro active communicator both up stream and downstream and across all relevant departments
- Logical Problem Solving – take initiative in absence of Team Leader and follow through day to day problems to resolution.
- Ability to make informed decisions within scope of role.
- Flexibility and an eagerness to learn – this is a varied multi skilled role covering a number of supply chain functions
- Previous warehouse experience
- Previous food processing/manufacturing experience
- Lean Manufacturing/six sigma technique experience
Although the job description says FLT licence is essential, we are flexible on that for the right person. They would however have to be willing to train to use FLTs once they were made permanent.