Process Operative – Shifts
Without our inspectors WHS simply cannot succeed, this position is vital to ensuring efficient production. Carrying out various manufacturing tasks within the production cell after receiving training and instruction to specific customers and company standards. Responsible for ensuring the products produced meet the highest quality and are packaged correctly. 5S and continuous improvement are also an integral part of this role. This role involves physical movement along with repeated bending and stretching.
An individual who is a team player and able to listen and follow set instructions. The ideal candidate would be able to communicate any problems to the relevant staff, have excellent time and attendance and be detail oriented.
- Check the quality of parts that are produced by the injection moulding machines in line with WHS working procedures.
- Carry out any assembly work required on the plastic parts in line with WHS working procedures.
- Pack the mouldings in the correct boxes or stillage’s in line with WHS working procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardised work in a continuous improvement environment.
- Meeting production output targets set by the team.
- Maintaining quality requirements.
- Maintaining a clean working environment.
- Demonstrate practical ability, self-motivation, be a team player with excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Help train other inspectors when required.
- Be able to identify potential improvements within the area of working and report them to the line manager.
General Responsibilities and Duties
- Adhere to company quality awareness.
- Meeting Health and Safety standards supporting others to do the same.
- Assist other areas of the business when required to carry out the same or similar tasks.
- Any other reasonable duties required
Rate of pay - £9.25 to £10.00 shift dependent
Equal Opportunity Statement
WHS Plastics is an equal opportunity employer. Every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of discrimination. We recruit, employ, retain, promote, discipline, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants based on qualifications, performance and competence. All employees and applicants will be treated in line with current legislation and will not discriminate against any of the protected characteristics.