Workshop Engineer Redditch
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd are the sole UK distributor for the world leading premium brand Komatsu and one of the UK’s largest distributors of construction, quarrying and utility equipment. We are proud of our reputation for ‘best in class’ products, service commitment and continuous innovation and growth.
We aim to be our customers first choice with a multi-site UK operation to drive sales and deliver excellent aftercare and customer support. We focus on improving productivity by changing the way our customers work and we excel in fuel efficient machine solutions.
We supply some of the world’s most exciting and innovative products into the market place, including Intelligent Machine Control (IMC), and Hybrid Excavators that can reduce fuel use by up to 35%.
The focus of the role:
Maintain, service and repair Plant machinery whilst maintaining safe working practices at all times. Based in our Redditch Depot working on new and used machines and Pre-Delivery Inspections.
- Maintain, service and repair Komatsu Equipment (or miscellaneous equipment) as required
- Complete a dynamic risk assessment and method statement prior to commencing any work.
- Complete pre-delivery inspections and modifications
- Disassemble and overhaul machines and major comments, repairing hydraulic and electric systems
- Carry out post repair test / inspection on the unit to ensure the unit is operating to expected performance levels.
- Carry out diagnosis, disassembly and rebuild of machine major components
- Diagnose the root cause of the reported fault
- Clear identification of any required parts
- Accurate and timely repair
- Completion of the specified documentation
- As and when required (periodically) attending our customers sites ensuring that our customers receive the best level of service.
- NVQ level 2/3 in plant maintenance or equivalent
- Experience of working with Heavy plant and machinery.
- Basic Safety training
- Knowledge of Auto-electrics
- Experience with Welding and oxy-acetylene equipment
- Experience of workshop tooling
What we can offer you
Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down
On the job training