Bideford upon Avon
£35,000 - £37,000 & 5%
To create and manage material PO’s to ensure adequate piece parts to fulfil the production plan.
Manage supplier relationships, agree areas and actions for improvements in OTIF schedule adherence.
- Review MRP output and create and transmit PO’s to suppliers.
- Generate forecast schedules from IFS and send to suppliers.
- Update IFS with confirmed promised delivery dates received from suppliers.
- Expedite supplier PO acknowledgments.
- Establish PO’s that are past due and expedite as required
- Inform Production Planners of delivery shortfalls.
- Manage Supplier On-Time Delivery, working with Suppliers and Logistics Providers
- Manage supplier related data within IFS ensuring accuracy and timely update.
- Organize outbound and inbound transportation as required.
- Create Distribution Order and Delivery Note etc. for receipt of material into DCs
- Actively seek solutions to supply/supplier difficulties before informing Procurement
- of any issues that cannot be resolved.
- Tactical Supplier relationship Management (e.g., L/T, Lot size, Kanban, Regular communication)
- Supplier Management including price negotiation based on spend parameters set
- Regular Issuance of Forecasts to Suppliers
- Ensure revised specifications and drawings are issued to Suppliers in a timely manner
- Create and distribute reports relating to the production schedule as required.
- Advise on any inconsistencies/inefficiencies within MRP master data as appropriate.
- Seek ways to improve current processes on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that you as an associate meet the requirements regarding Quality and GMP issues as detailed in the Company Quality Policy.
- Other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Previous experience within a Materials Planning environment.
- Strong analytical and numerate skills required.
- Competent with MS office applications and operating with ERP systems
- Effective communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with manufacturing, demand and material planning.
- Understanding of Export Documentation & Requirements
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 Years of Material Planning experience.
- Good level of education.
- Able to work reasonable overtime if required
- A qualification in Production Inventory Management (e.g. APICS CPIM), Purchasing (e.g. CIPS) or other relevant qualification or willing to work towards, is desirable
- Ability to work within a multifunctional team and be a fully supporting member of that team.
- The ability to prioritise your day and able to work under pressure when required