This position reports to Team Leader and is an integral part of the Machining Division with responsibility for measurement of products
- To ensure the safe operation of CMM Machines
- Understand the principles of CMM and their usage
- Delivery of measured components in line with customer requirements
- Support New Part Introduction Process
- Influence Machine Utilisation and Right First Time Measures.
- Ensure product quality and batch traceability is maintained at all times
- Carry out routine checks on all equipment
- Ensure all documentation is recorded accurately as defined by procedures.
- Maintain housekeeping in the department to company standards.
- Calibration of gauges and fixtures
- Candidate must have good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Flexibility to work with little supervision across shift patterns.
- Hold a fork lift truck licence and /or an overhead crane or prepared to undertake training
- Have a fair understanding of engineering drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft packages
- Proficient in PC DMIS
- A good understanding of CMM principles
- CMM experience at level one as a minimum
- Must have a good understanding of statistical process control (SPC)
- Good interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and achieve business objectives.
- Clear, concise and appropriate communication style both written and verbal
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!!
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.