HGV Mechanic / Technician
Our client, a well established company operating a 70 vehicle fleet (rigids and artics) plus 70 trailers have a vacancy for a full time HGV technician/mechanic within our onsite Workshop team.
Our technicians are responsible for the safety inspections and servicing and repair of all powered vehicles and trailers plus associated plant and equipment, diagnosis of faults, and preparation and presentation for MOT tests.
- Preparing vehicles for MOT tests
- Completing accurately Safety maintenance inspection forms and other documentation relating to repair and maintenance of vehicles
- Respond to daily defect reports supplied by drivers
- Follow regular maintenance schedules and complete necessary repairs/maintenance work
- Attend breakdown calls
- Welding and electrical repairs
- Work as part of a team to achieve reliability and meet workshop targets
Qualifications & Experience:
City & Guilds or equivalent qualification in heavy vehicle mechanics is desirable
Experience of working with commercial HGV/LGV vehicles
Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems is desirable
Full valid UK driving licence with LGV class 1 entitlement preferred
Applicants should be able to demonstrate their self-motivation, good attention to detail and methodical and quality focussed approach to the work they undertake.
Workforce Engineering & Technical services team provide professional services placing people into the Engineering, Technical, Manufacturing and Logistics sectors
We place in demand people across the breadth of industry from skilled shop floor personnel and specialist engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
Our consultants are from your industry and will have a good understanding of your skills and advise best on your next step!!
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.