Head Of Transport Operations
Experienced Logistics Head of Transport Operations - must have a logistics transport planning background
This is a fast paced and constantly changing environment. The candidate must be outgoing, personable, a leader, team player, physically fit, think on their feet, a problem solver with excellent communication skills. This is a hands on role.
£45,000 to £50,000 - salary dependent upon experience & benefits package
The successful candidate will work alongside our planning team being completely accountable for the planning operation of the business, reporting into the Operations Director.
Experienced management skills in logistic multi drop planning are essential for this role, along with the can do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile. An outgoing personality, excellent communication skills, and good listening skills are essential. Excellent geographical knowledge of the UK is essential for this role with.
Knowledge and Experience required:
- Demonstrable excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable multi drop transport planning
- Confident in using Microsoft office applications and transport systems
- Have an excellent understanding of legal compliance, driver’s hours and WTD
- Working knowledge of vehicle telematic systems
- Strong Leadership Skills.
- Proven Management Experience
- Be able to demonstrate multidrop transport planning
- Manage all team working rotas physically covering where required
- Manage all team holiday ensuring roles are covered at all times
- Takes ownership of issues within the team, can lead and delegate effectively
- Working knowledge of transport/driver’s hours and regulations
- Understand the financial impact on operational decisions
- Holds a Full Transport Managers CPC
The candidate must have a minimum of;
- Management of Transport Planning ( 5 years )
- GCSE’s including Math's and English
- BTEC National Diploma or 2 A Levels – Desirable
- Office 365, MS word, and Excel competent
- Full Transport Managers CPC
- Support management of the shift plans (24/7 operation), ensuring all necessary resources are available to meet the daily requirements. Oversee daily planning sheets ensuring all systems are up to date.
- Ensure all route planning is cost efficient
- Management of the daily operation working with the Operations Director leading the transport planning team.
- Oversee the transport planning team contacting drivers to understand delays, manage any ad-hoc issues and escalate where appropriate
- Management of planning team Pre Brief and De-brief drivers on the plan versus actual routes, noting and investigating any discrepancies
- Ensuring the team respond to customer queries both quickly and effectively (Internal and External)
- Communicate effectively and deliver excellent customer service to all internal and external customers
- Be able to train, nurture and develop existing and new team members
- Ensure Accurate completion of documentation to meet company procedures and legislative requirements.
- Proactively manage the driver’s daily plan with the planning team and ensure enough driving / duty time is available to complete the routes and meet delivery windows
- Oversee all routes that have been planned and ensure delays are kept to a minimum
- Be able to respond quickly to problems that arise, with swift cost effective solutions
- Engage positively with colleagues from all departments
- Work closely with the Transport Manager to ensure compliance is maintained throughout the operation
- Manage the transport planning rotas and holiday planner
- Manage training and development of the Transport Planning Team
- Take full accountability for the Transport Planning Team
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.