Job Title: Collections Advisor
Location: Birmingham city centre office based
Salary: £18,960 rising to £19,390 after probation
Hours: 40hrs per week on a shift rotation basis
Hours are between Monday-Thursday 8am-8pm, Friday 9am-6pm and every other Saturday 9am-1pm
This is mainly an early arrears collections and payments role with some ad hoc administration duties.
You will take and make daily inbound/outbound calls on a dialler to several customers that are past due or in arrears and are responsible for supporting clients to increase their collections by negotiating arrangements with customers struggling to pay their balances
Our client provides customers with a first-class service and are fully focused on the customer whilst balancing the company process in with each conversation to deliver results. They are professional and take a “right first time” approach. They make sure they handle all calls according to the industry regulatory compliance.
Our clients Advisors are motivated by meeting and exceeding performance targets including QA, conversion and revenue.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written – enabling you to build a strong rapport with our customers
- Easily build rapport with customers to understand their needs and offer advice around affordable payment plans
- Demonstrate experience at excelling in a collections position with strong negotiation skills
- Confidence to manage own workload and any issues professionally and calmly
- Comfortable working in a target-driven and fast-changing environment, and able to respond to changing business needs
- Be a fast learner, PC-literate and able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail, along with comfort with numerical calculations (required for I&E calculations)
- Confident with New technology
- Keeping up-to-date and accurate records of customer contact to ensure commitment to any follow up required and smooth liaison with internal departments for timely resolutions
- Working in a positive and co-operative manner with colleagues to solve customer issues and champion the needs of the customer
- Ensuring customers are comfortable and have a full understanding of the various processes which can feel complex and uncertain for them, such as payment holidays or credit freezes
- Making outbound contact with customers to proactively notify them of any outstanding balances on their accounts and the steps to resolve this
- Responsible for consistently meeting or exceeding personal quality and service targets and KPIs
- As you build your skills and knowledge, support colleagues with complex enquiries and suggest improvements to processes, systems etc
- Taking ownership for driving your own performance forward. Ensuring that you have a clear personal development plan in place with your manager and taking advantage of regular coaching sessions to improve personal results and your service to our customers
- Demonstrating your ability to work effectively as part of a Team, showing respect for others opinions alongside evidencing that you can positively influence your fellow Team members to take on new ideas, changes and best practices